F4i with Corbin seat - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2002, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

F4i with Corbin seat

I am looking to buy a new bike and I really like the new CBR. But the seat is like a brick. So I was wondering if anyone has a Corbin seat on their F4i and could let me know how much of an improvement it is? Or is it not worth it?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:07 AM
LMI

You are right about the stock seat. It sucks. Honda needs to $hit can whoever designed it.
I've got a Corbin on order should be here in a few days.If you'll check this thread later I'll post my thoughts on it.
BTW, as bad as the seat is, don't let it be a deal breaker.The F4i is a fine machine.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

I would really appreciate you letting me know how the seat works out. I am torn between the CBR and a YZF 600R. Right now I am leaning towards the YZF just because of comfort, but I think the CBR looks better and I like the fact that it is a lighter bike. Not for speed, for handling. I am only 5'6 and I am afraid the YZF's 50 extra pounds might make a big differnce in how well I can hold it up at stoplights, move around the garage, etc.

Thanks again.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 10:06 AM

Save $$$

Take seat to auto upholsterer for more padding and recover. It saves a lot of bucks and is just as comfortable. I know, I have had both. Corbin way overpriced anymore and the auto shop seat looks just as nice if a good person does it with a color-matched welt, etc.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 08:46 PM
LMI

sjn,

Sorry to be so long in getting back to you.Sat on a Corbin equipped F4i today.Canceled my order when I got home.

The Corbin is obviously made of better materials but that is about the only thing it has going for it.It's contour locks you into a single position well behind the tank.I don't recommend it.

Getting the stock seat reworked like the other fella mentioned.

Good luck with whatever you decide to get.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 12:24 AM

I bought a corbin and I love it! it does seat you in one position but it kicks ass for those long rides. And wheelies feal much better too!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 01:27 AM

Hey Dirty!
You got my attention with that post. I hate the seat on my VTR, its truly sucks. The only reason I didnt get a replacement was the cost. How much did it you pay to get your seat redone, and what did they do exactly? By that I mean did they sculpt the foam, etc or did they just cover it with more of the same? Also what covering did they use and how does in compare to the OEM in height? Thanks for the info.

Last edited by nick_nolastname; 08-02-2002 at 01:31 AM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 06:45 AM

In Orlando...

Bob's Top Shop did mine, he is a friend so it was a favor and a dinner out with friends as payment. Twice before I had it done in St. Pete for about a hundred. New padding over the old so that affects rider height in seat. They use the old cover as a pattern for the new and you take your choice of materials, leather, fake leather, perforated headliner material that makes it look like the Corbin. I also had welts made that were color-matched to the body color made out of leather and a string insert to make the shape. Bob did a great job and would probably charge $150.00 or so, beacuse it took him at least 3 hours to finish it. Good Luck.

Last edited by DIRTYCURTYD; 08-02-2002 at 06:48 AM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 04:10 PM

Thanks for the info. Now I know what I want for Christmas.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 03:23 PM

Smile buy the seat

i ride a cbr 929 with a corbin seat and the ride is better the butt loves it ''''''so i will let you know but it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode