F4i Fuel Tank - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

F4i Fuel Tank

When the fuel reserve bars come on and they ALL start flashing on my bike, it usually reads near the 250km (156miles) mark and I head to the gas stop. However, when I fill up to the top mark, I find that I only have filled up 3.6-3.8 gallons of gas? I thought that when all of them are flashing it that you are almost out of gas? What's up?

N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 12:17 PM

Ah, the mysteries of the F4i reserve bars I was told (I have nothing to support this) that where all the bars start flashing is how deep you went the last time you filled up with the reserve indicator on... so if you ride through the flashing longer and fill up deeper in the tank, the next time you will start to flash later and end up with all bars flashing at that last (deeper) fill point. I have never noticed if this is right or not but there are times that shen the first bar starts flashing it won't be 60 sec's later and they are all lit up. Always scares me when they come on.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 04:53 PM

I've never noticed any difference in mine. When I hit about 150 miles it starts off with the first bar always and goes from there. And I have way more that 60 sec in between. I've actually gotten about 170 miles with just the first and second bar flashing. I'm scared of going beyond that for fear of ruining the fuel pump.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-18-2002, 12:15 AM

According to the owners manual the first bar will start to flash after a certain distance and so forth for the other bars. Although I have noticed on mine that the bars appear at various times. They use to be about 140 miles and is now around 110-120. But I have never put in more than 4 gal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode