Removing the bar ends on a F4i & Grips - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Removing the bar ends on a F4i & Grips

I went and bought some new bar ends and handle bar grips for my F4i. I cannot get the bar ends off. The only thing holding them on is a phillips head. Does anyone now how to get these off? I have turned and turned on that phillips head screw and it doesn't come off.

Also if you know how to get the handl bar grips off. Do I need to cut them off? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 12:32 PM
Honda Moderator

Dude I'm sorry, but not being able to get your bar-ends off is quite humorous... I'm not even going to touch that issue LOL

However not to be a total asswipe I will give you a hint about the grips that not a whole lot of people are aware of.

You can remove the stock grip by inserting an air hose under the lip of grip & using the air pressure to lift the grip off the bar. With a little practice at this maneuver you can get the grip off in one quick blast of air. Very beneficial if you intend to re-use the grip(s)

If you aren't going to re-use them then just slice them off with a razorblade & use hairspray to put the new ones on with.

Last edited by Lord Duckhunter; 06-05-2002 at 12:34 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 02:54 PM

Press the bar end in and hold it there (don't let it free spin)while unscrewing it. You'll see why when the bar end comes out.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

Mt problem is the bar end will move when I try unscrew the screw. My friend even held the bar end with pliars. No give.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Ok I got it this time with a power drill. Damn they where on there real good.

One question. The handle bar grips for the gas re real snug against the two ends of it. The throttle seems to stick a little bit. Is this because they are not dry yet? Do you think I need to cut the grips down a little bit?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 05:35 PM

You probably pushed the grip up too far on the throttle. If it is still wet then yank it back a hair.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

It's flush on both ends of the grip. Look slike I'll need to cut it down I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode