929 front end on F4 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

929 front end on F4

Will 929 forks fit on a 00 F4? If so what all has to be changed, tripple clamps, brakes etc. Also need my rear shock rebuilt. Would it be easier to buy a used one of ebay and have a heavier spring and new oil put in it, then to take mine off and then doing the work?( I weigh 230lbs.)It just seems like it would be less of a hassle to buy one and then I can just swap the two. I have seen them on ebay for about 10-40 dollars. Any help would help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 09:04 AM

They will bolt on, but you need the complete front end...steering stem, top clamp, fork tubes, wheel/axle/spacers/brake discs and calipers. As the 929 forks are wider, you're likely to hit lots of things with the handlebars, as well. Can be done, but it's not for everyone as it's not particularly practical or cheap.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 02:57 PM

929 forks on an F4 - just curious - WHY?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

I can get a set of forks from a 929 for $100. I like the inverted forks a little better. I've ridden bikes with them, and without, and they just have a different feel.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cbr600f4gd
929 forks on an F4 - just curious - WHY?
Probably for the same reason I installed 929 forks/954 wheel + brakes on my '96 VFR. The forks are just better quality, as are the brakes. It's especially noticeable on the VFR...the OEM forks are only preload adjustable, while the 929 forks have preload, compression and rebound. The brakes are a vast improvement as well. My fat 500lb VFR now handles on par with much lighter bikes, and so far I'm loving it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode