Honda's ABS - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Question Honda's ABS

Can anybody tell me if ABS option is worth the $1000.00 price tag . I'm looking at buying a new 2003 1200XX, next year and was wondering whether or not to pay the extra money. Is ABS a good thing or bad thing. I've heard that it will be better than the ABS system that's on the 2002 VFR 800.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 08:22 PM

I don't believe abs or linked brakes has a place on a sport bike but that's just me.

1000 bucks and how many pounds extra weight?

Are you gonna be touring in crappy weather a lot, in BC I guess it's possible but if I was I would take a touring bike with better weather protection thus why put it on a sport bike?

I think for me a sport bike is ALL about mastering the skills required to ride fast well. ABS etc. is a short cut with questionable advantages?

Depends on what weather you ride IMO.

It's your money, what do you think? What kind of weather do you ride in? What advantage is there in good weather? Think it's gonna help when you're leaned over and it starts pulsing instead of being smooth?

Maybe one of the mags will give it a good run and see if it's a valuable addition to a sport bike??
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Yes, It does rain alot here in BC. Especially on the rock, Vancouver Island. I typically don't do alot of riding in the rain , not intentionally that is. I leave the bike at home when it rains here because when it rains here it rains hard and typically last 3 days or more at a time and some times weeks on end. I will see what the pro riders/testers have to say about it, after they have put it through the grinder. I don't think the weight would be so much of an issue as the pulsing would be, seeing how I'n use to the normal brakes on a bike, less the abs. I can always find alot of other ways to spend a $1000.00, that I would save by not getting that option. I'll have to decide when the time comes. Thanks for your input guys, apexismaximus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode