2003 Xx - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Cool 2003 Xx

What do you guys think honda will do to overhaul this bike next year. Tweek the motor a little bit, a new look. Or are they planning to give it a major overhaul, from top to bottom. Change the look, is what I'm hoping for... Anyone know when Honda will start to leak information or when we might start to hear rumors ?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 02:58 PM

I just ready a small bit about it in -I think- Motorcyclist. They are saying it will go to 1200cc, loose a bit of weight and the front will be more aerodynamic. ~Not much really IMO, but we'll see
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 07:49 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
There are a few things here that I saw...I don't know how much is true but check it out.

http://home.hccnet.nl/a.de.graaf/

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input. I seen the same picture and little write up in the motorcycle magazine that I bought today. Two different sources, so there must be some truth to it. It looks like they've changed the looks a little bit, for the better. Have to wait and see more pictures. I think I will be going after one of these bikes next year, when they come out. Not sure about the ABS though.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2002, 08:13 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
While the 1200 CC's would be sweet, I love my 2002. I'm still iffy about the Linked braking system, but seeing as how I never do burnouts or stoppies, I think I'll like it after I get used to it.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

I just seen pictures of the 2003 XX and I like the looks of it better than the 2002. The changes cosmetically are minor but enough to get me to buy one next year. There going to 1200cc's too and that will nice as well. There are more than just the two things that they're going to change. But, those are the most important two too me. I 'v seen pictures both on the net and in a couple of magazines . All I can say is OH YA !!! 2003 CBR 1200XX, HERE I COME. I'm not knocking the ZZ-R at all, I just staying with Honda because I know more people with them and have heard nothing but good things about them and it doesn't hurt that I ride one. Two things that I keep hearing about the ZZ-R is adjusting the valves every 6000 miles and it not having FI. I'm afraid elevation around here is a major thing and changes drastically, no matter where I go to ride.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Here's a link to the new 2003 CBR 1200XX. It's under upcoming models.

http://www.cbr1100xx.org/newhome.html
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Does anybody know when the new models for the following year will be on showroom floors ? When will the dealers get there 2003 model year bikes in and the prices for the 2003 models. I know that all the new bikes are released/introduced in the fall, I was just wondering when you could order a 2003 bike. I'm looking to order and or get a 2003 CBR 1200 XX.

Last edited by Island Boy; 06-05-2002 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode