F4i bank angle sensor - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 05:27 AM Thread Starter

F4i bank angle sensor

Anyone out ther racing an F4i (2001-2002 600F or FS): How do I bypass the bank angle sensor?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 08:48 PM

Why do you want to? I've had my F4i w/ the exhaust scraping, and it didn't cut out. I'm not sure how the F4i bank angle sensor is, but I know you can fill it w/ caulk on the GSX-R 750 to keep the ball at the arc's lowest point.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2002, 08:52 PM

I would think the centrifugle force in the turn would preclude the sensor thinking it was laying on it's side, unless you lean to the outside of the turn.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

I want to bypass it BECAUSE of recommendations like those the GSX-R guys are getting. I've had a bike (not an F4i) cut out on me mid corner and it was pretty hairy. I'd like to do what I can to avoid that possibility.

The maintenance manual gives no description of the sensor. Without knowing what's inside the "black box" it's difficult for me to determine whether centrifugal force has any effect on the sensor.

In my experience dragging the stock exhaust on and F4i requires only moderate lean angle. I've done it on the street, and I'm not prone to aggressive riding on public roads. I've retired this bike from street use, but I'm still 2-3 weeks away from my first race weekend. I'm not sure what to expect. Just trying to be safe.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:39 AM

Sokitset, the bank sensor is mounted in the nose on top of the headlight assembly. Very easy to see with the nose off. I have no idea how to bypass this but I doubt it will be that hard. I know the bike will not run with the headlight assembly unpluged (lower din type plug at left front). I got mine low enough to cut out one time... still have a little pain in my right arm from that one
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 09:58 AM

The RC has the sensor mounted under the seat. I have had mine over to the edge of the tires and never had it cut out but it did cut out in both crashes. You might want to place it in a different location closer to the center of gravity... if the wiring will allow it. The sensor is a good thing to have on the bike in the event of a crash.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 03:51 PM

Well, I work at a Honda dealer, so I'll look into it tomorrow at work. I'll see what it looks like in the computer, and if that's inconclusive, I'll ask the service manager. Reply to this so that when I check my email tomorrow after work, I'll remember to post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode