954 Owners....hmmmm - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

954 Owners....hmmmm

When i 1st got the bike, I tought it was tuff,,after rollin on 600,, then after getting used to it,, i want that impressed...Yes, it wheelies no prob....I put a powercommander, downloaded some new mapping, & piped it out.... She is performing alot better...You guys that own these, do any of your riding partners run a gixxer 750 or 1000...If so, how do you think the 954 stacks up?? I know the bike can hang,, but do you think 2 people of the same riding ability,, would the cbr win,,if the bikes were stock to stock........................What other performance mods has anyone done,,,,besides engine work.. Not looking ot go that route...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-25-2002, 11:12 AM

I plan on puting the Akrapovic Evolution system and PCIIIR on very soon. Along with removing the flapper in the airbox and new filter, and maybe 1 tooth down on the front sprocket. I love this bike, light, quick, agile and plenty fast enough while also being able to maintain a license and insurance and not kill myself.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 11:19 AM

THE BIKE

RUFF: are you jokin my 54 was the shit from min 1 maybe it was the way you broke the bike in? 300mi, and no steady throttle. then balls out. is this how you did it?
after the break-in on my bike i had a run in with a friend on a slow 1. (i mean R1) sorry lol. no but on the real his bike is nice anyhow. he's a lot bigger than i but i had the wife on the back w/me so the weight was right on. maybe even in his favor. we did a 3rd gear rool-on and just to make sure i let him get the jump. he pulled out about 3 to 4 bikes and we ran like that till i got to 6th. as soon as 6th gear i started to pull him in real slow we tucked a little more and got right up on him. the hole run went down in about 3miles. my friends bike has a good amount of work on it and was dyno tuned at 140 and some change at the ground so it's not a pig. my bike was bone stock. i'm going to put it on the dyno and post the outcome then i'll do some work but all and all. just what i thought a 1000

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 01:32 PM

Re: THE BIKE

Quote:
Originally posted by MR.954
RUFF: i had the wife on the back w/me so the weight was right on. maybe even in his favor. we did a 3rd gear rool-on and just to make sure i let him get the jump. he pulled out about 3 to 4 bikes and we ran like that till i got to 6th. as soon as 6th gear i started to pull him in real slow we tucked a little more and got right up on him. the hole run went down in about 3miles
Not a whole lot of love lost on this wife, heh?? Drag racing on the street with your WIFE as a passenger!! Even if she likes it, it just shows both of you deserve each other I guess. Crashing is part of this game, didn't you know that yet? I think it is supremely selfish to put a loved one in the position for paying for your piss-poor judgement.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 02:46 PM

DIRTYCURT:
fu** off!! 1st know what your talkin about befor you open your big fat mouth. the wife wanted me to do it. she got the bike so she didn't have to here thye idiot's talk all the bull sh** about the 1,000's if you asked me. she made her point as far as talkin about how my family feels about each other. you could get delt wit like that playin with me!! you need to get to know some 1 befor you start talking the way you do. i think you talk the way you do because your bit** a** can't ride. know that i think about it. it's allways the guy that can't ride that talks to much. please don't be a hater. HATER'S SUCK
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2002, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

MR 954,,,,

To equal riders as far as ability goes,, one on a 954 ,, and the other on a newer model gsxr 750,,,Who do you think would win...??? My feelings wont be hurt,, either way...Just an honestly opinionated question/answer.......

& by the way, i it was broke in properly,,,not over 4rpm,, the first 300 miles,, and not ova 8rpm,,,until after 500 miles....

Last edited by Ruff-rida; 05-30-2002 at 08:07 PM.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 04:37 AM

Riding is NO Hobby

Been riding 22 years non-stop, day in day out, cross country and back, countless times. How about you and the wife, who bought a bike she has to have YOU drive for her? I have seen it happen repeatedly. Squid driver puts the bike into harm's way and miraculously walks or limps away after putting passenger in wheelchair , emergency room or coffin. That's the real world!! I have SEEN it. A sportbike was not made to carry a passenger at speeds of 100mph plus. One little movement or gust of wind and you will be wobbling or tank-slapping down the highway. Especially a NEW model that is coming back with reports of a light springed front end. You have severely modified the handling dynamics with the addition of your overeager passenger. A smart man learns from his mistakes, a WISE man learns from the mistakes of others. Big difference between WISE-man and WISE-ass. Start being a MAN and using good judgment where others are involved, or NOT and become just another retired BIKER. Your choice, ultimately.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 10:55 AM

THE BIKE

RUFF: the 954 hands down i also had the privlege of kicking the snot out of a 750 w/work. my 929 would would get the 750 stock/stock. but the 54 just kills them anywhere

DIRTY: my wife rides like yourself. in her lane, both wheels on the road, at the speed limit, right in front of me. she's only been in the front seat for about 2years now. ME. i've been on them for 13years. 2 i drag raced, and the other 5 i road raced. your 22 years in a stright line don't mean jack to me! it might with other buell's but not here. you want to impress me get a real street bike.
i'm from new york and i know what it's like to be put in a bad position by another driver/rider. trust!!! when your talkin to me your not talkin to a squid.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 11:41 AM

Re: Riding is NO Hobby

Quote:
Originally posted by DIRTYCURTYD
Been riding 22 years non-stop, day in day out, cross country and back, countless times. How about you and the wife, who bought a bike she has to have YOU drive for her? I have seen it happen repeatedly. Squid driver puts the bike into harm's way and miraculously walks or limps away after putting passenger in wheelchair , emergency room or coffin. That's the real world!! I have SEEN it. A sportbike was not made to carry a passenger at speeds of 100mph plus. One little movement or gust of wind and you will be wobbling or tank-slapping down the highway. Especially a NEW model that is coming back with reports of a light springed front end. You have severely modified the handling dynamics with the addition of your overeager passenger. A smart man learns from his mistakes, a WISE man learns from the mistakes of others. Big difference between WISE-man and WISE-ass. Start being a MAN and using good judgment where others are involved, or NOT and become just another retired BIKER. Your choice, ultimately.
uummm I think your lost. This isn't the sport TOURING forum. It's the Sportbike Forum.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2002, 12:02 PM

SPORT BIKIN

thats what i'm talkin about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode