race suit fit?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Question race suit fit??

Hello everyone!..........

Just bought my first racing suit (2-pc) and was woundering if anybody can tell me if the suit should be skin tight or fit over pants and maybe a sweatshirt?
I am a drag racer and avid rider, and was going to use the suit for racing and maybe the mountian twisties?...........?........

So mine fits skin tight and I would never be able to wear pants and all I can really fit under the jacket is a shirt........Should I send it back or just wear the suit only when racing???

PLEASE HELP??? THANKS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 08:29 PM

Your leathers shpuld not be skin tight, however you should not look like a homie in ure duds.. Basically they should fit snug to the tighter side...The best way to determine a good fit is put on your gear and, sit on your bike...Pegs on feet and grab the bars ,, as if you were riding...If you have a two piece your coat should not bulge or puff out so to speak as if you have a belyy when sitting on yoor whip...Pretty much do the same for pants...They may feel tight when strutting around,, but how betcha there differnt when sitting on ure bike....So, in a nut, they should be more on the snun side but not, squeezing yhe chyyt out of ya,, so you cant breath....I usually just ride a tshirt under my alpinestar coat...As you know leathers get pretty warm,,,,on cooler days I can sneak a sweatshirt but thats pushing the fit factor.....

For those that dont wear leather cause its too HOTT,, it aint hotter then hittin the roadway.....HOLLA
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2002, 09:07 PM

Suit should fit snug. You cannot put clothing on under it except maybe a tee shirt, long sleeve tee shirt, underwear, maybe some cotton gym shorts or bike shorts, that's it. If you squeeze it, you might fit a fleece top, if it is not too bulky, to keep you warm, but more likely you need to just put a windbreaker or the top from a rain suit OVER the suit if you are too cold.

The critical thing is the armpits and the crotch. Should not be uncomfortable in either area. Unless you already sing soprano, you don't want the suit to turn you into one.

Also, fit in the shoulder area is checked just like when you buy an expensive (or not so expensive) suit or jacket (we're talking dress clothes here for you street urchins and bumpkins out there). Bring arms straight out from your chest, in front of you, palms facing down, bend elbows to 90 degrees, forearms crossing in front of you, and reach across your chest with both arms (like you are hugging yourself).

Does the suit let you do that without limitation? If not, the chest size is too small. If you are a small build this may not be an issue, but I have a big chest versus waist size and height, so I have to make sure the shoulder fit is not too small.

Hope that helps you out, sounds like the suit is not too big, anyway.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Smile

thanks for the help guys!

I will try that idea Fuster with the jacket, but I'm still not sure about the pants??
The croch area is a little tight

Where should the knees fit? should the top of my knee be by the flex part or the armored part when standing

Sorry, I bought the suit over the internet.....Maybe I should go to the performance store and try on some of there suits and see how they compare

Thanks again
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-24-2002, 01:34 PM

You need to try it on before buying. If in doubt, I would return it.

Fuster

"...If you can meet with triumph and disaster, and treat those two imposters the same....you'll be a Man, my Son!"

- Rudyard Kipling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode