Just a little more...... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Just a little more......

I have a 954, my first Honda actually....When pirchasing my this bike i was actully going ot buy a gsxr 750.. I test rode a 2000 once,, & fell in love w/ that dayuum bike..Awesome...Any way being impatient as i am,,, wanted a bike that day...SO i started looking around the biek shop.....They had the new r1's and the 954'...So i said what the helll and went w/ the 954...(this being my 3rd bike).....Anyway the chyyt is fun as hell to ride,,, bu think its lacking a little bit on the horsepower,, near the lower end...It would barely even "power wheelie in second gear....

So I installed a powercommander IIIr on it,, and a new pipe..Even down loadwd some differnt mapping for the p-c...The bike definitlety performs better,, but I think when riding this bike around 50 moh or so,,, you should be able to crack it and the fugger should lift,,,@ least a little [email protected] times i feel , I would have been happier w. the gsxr...However i have spent some $ on differnt mods & accessories,,,So the big ?? Besides putting a full exhaust...Is there any thing else i can do to sharpen this baby up?? Have heard about diff air filters,, would that help...Im not trying do do any engine work,, as that would cost me some madd $$$$ Any help is appreciated....holla back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 06:59 AM

Arrow

Damn, that was painful to read!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tigerblade
Damn, that was painful to read!
I think he has a brother in Texas that goes by "Tanks."

(inside joke)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 08:37 AM

I think at this point the road to more hp gets very expensive because you're looking at internal engine mods. Air filters are not going to make enough difference. You sound like you're looking for at least 20 hp and that's not going to bolt on.

I don't think many bikes will power it up in 2nd without some on/off throttle work and other efforts.

I would suggest going down a tooth on the front sprocket and up 2 in the back though. This simple mod will have you powering it up all over the place if that's your thing (not slammin, love monowheelin too). Might need a new longer chain if you change the back up 2, not sure?? If it's just sprockets you're looking at ~80, with chain ~200. Bike will feel MUCH stronger. I think the speedo pickup on your bike is at the front sprocket so your speedo will be way off and useless after this is the only trade off other than losing a little top end. Highway cruising will be a bit less relaxed also as your rpm will be up but.......??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode