Michelin Pilot Sport - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Michelin Pilot Sport

Anyone who has run the Pilot Sport.....what kind of mileage did you get out of them? How do they compare, as far as performance and mileage, with the other tires out there? I am looking at a new set for the F3, have the D207's and got a flat, thinking of switching for better performance if the Michelin's can offer better grip and handling. Mileage is secondary, but it is still good to know. Thanks ahead of time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 08:40 AM

I love'em. Just got mine about 500 niles ago. They grip awsome, I had them scrubbed down to the egde the first day. Thay are a little harder & take longer to warm up than the 207s' but the compound has great cold grip. I leave my work at about 11 PM so the streets & bike are nice & cold. I can still drag my knees on the way home.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 10:10 AM

my previous set lasted about 5500 miles, and I probably could have kept them another couple hundred, but the front was cupping pretty bad.

I can only compare them to the OEM tires, which I believe were D204's on the Superhawk. I like these much better- no sliding, good grip, decent mileage. They do take a while to warm up.

Maybe I don't ride that aggressively, thats why my mileage seems higher than others I have seen. Anyway, no complaints, I replaced the last set with another set of Pilot Sports.

"Goat butts against hedge, and his horns become entangled."- Egg Shen

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2002, 11:07 AM

I did the same thing, but was riding a pair of sports and lost the back tire....the cold grip is very good. Now I have a 207 on the rear and a pilot on the front....feels like a great combo...the only difference that I have noticed is that the rear is a little softer than before...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2002, 06:23 PM

love my pilots........

i just replaced the factory installed michelin pilot sports on my f4i @ 7600mi. i replaced them with off-the-shelf pilot sports from a local shop. wow, what a difference. the new tires are like glue compared to the 'honda' pilot sports. i have oft heard rumors of manufacturers asking for large lots of tires made with manufacturer-modified-specs for their bikes. i never knew for sure whether or not that was true... i might be inclined to believe it now... after putting a couple hundred miles on the tires i was able to go out on a weekend thrash ride and scrape pegs on both sides with no loss of traction at all. the feedback seems better, at both ends, more predictable when slipping does start, warm up faster... only problem is, i bet my ass that they don't last nearly as long as the factory installed rubber; but, hey, i didn't get the bike to drive in a straight line with both tires on the ground simultaneously, did you?
geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode