Lockhart Phillips Speedscreens - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-12-2002, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Lockhart Phillips Speedscreens

i was thinking about getting a lockhart phillips speedscreen V2 for my red/black f4i. there website says these are suppose to keep the wind off you a little better plus i think the dark smoke colored screen would look pretty slick

does anyone have any experience with these? also does anyone have any pics of a red/black f4i with a dark smoke colored screen.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 12:27 PM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Thumbs up

I've put the lockhart phillips speedscreens on both my 2000 F4 and my 2002 XX and I love the way they look. I got the dark smoke color for both, but I don't have any pics on here yet. As far as wind protection, I don't know if its much if any different. The look is well worth the money though, and they were both fairly easy to install. I got mine from Chaparral along with 1/2 tank covers.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-17-2002, 01:05 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DaDuck748
They definately work, but sometimes, you need to be in the "sweet spot" to feel the effects. What this means is the V2 redirects airflow, above the rider, or at least higher than stock. If you are in the sweet spot, you will not feel the full blast. But also keep in mind that air speed around the sweet spot will be higher, so it could be worse than stock.

They are especially useful in the racing circuit where a stock windscreen is not tall enough for the rider to tuck underneath the airflow. By having a taller screen, the rider can get completely underneath, gaining a few MPH. This is why you will never (or hardly ever) see anything other than clear on racebikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode