F4i or ZX6R for first sportbike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Question

Hey Kaw fans, I'm getting my first sportbike in June hopefully. I always thought I wanted a cbr, especially now with the Fi. But last week a solid blue ZX6R really caught my eye at the dealership. I'm torn, I need help. For more info check my post on the honda board.

To know yet to think that one does not know is the best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will put one in difficulty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-12-2001, 07:55 PM

They're both good bikes. I'd go with the Kaw, though, for a lot of really insignificant reasons.
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 12:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GreenNinja
I'll agree.

Although i dont think there is much bad at all about the F4i, i have to say i feel the ZX6R is just an all around better sportbike.

You will undoubtedly get alot of Honda guys who will argue this, but everyone has their own reasons for liking or disliking a bike. Nonetheleast of which is simply brand loyalty.

When it comes down to it, the new 600's are so close, performance wise, that an R6, 6R, GSXR or f4i would all be excellent choices.

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-13-2001, 01:04 PM

Buy the one that's most comfortable. Your body will thank you for it !!! Then you can concentrate on how much fun you're having.

The older I get,
The better I was.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 12:46 AM

My inexperienced opinion

From what I know most 600s are very close as far as performance. Especially the Honda and the Kaw. Just do a little research, look into some magazine tests. But most of all it may just come down to which bike fits your body and riding style the best. I was looking at the new 01 bikes at a dealer, and I sat on both the R6, and the F4i. The R6 seemed to fit me a better.

I think the GSXR is supposed to be a little better than the rest this year, but what do I know without even riding any of them.
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 10:05 AM

Hi. I agree with oldgixer, Sit on both before you even start contemplating buying either bike, Decided which one feels most suited to you then make you'r final decision.. Just my opion anyway

Good luck and let us know what you get..

Aaron

aaron pritchard
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb decisions decisions

I stopped by the dealership yesterday and sat on the blue 6R. It's so much more comfortable! I really like it. The more I see it the more I want it. I really like the seat and rear end. And by the time I outgrow the suspension(along time) I'll just upgrade it. According to Sport Rider the susp. is the only thing holding it back on the track.
I also sat on the new gixxer. Very hot, but I don't know about commuting on the thing. I feel like I'm speeding sitting still on the gixxer.
Anyway, 6R owners, hit me up with some opinions on your bikes.

To know yet to think that one does not know is the best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will put one in difficulty.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 07:07 AM

Angry Re: decisions decisions

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyronin
According to Sport Rider the susp. is the only thing holding it back on the track.
All they are saying is Kawasaki did not pay them enough advertising money.Remeber last year bike of the year 2000 zx-6r well it is unchanged and now the suspension sucks.Get real, magazines suck that is why most of us are here to hear real stories about real life riding.Don't get me wrong I read all of them and SR is one of them but it is all about money to those guys.

This year looks like suzuk paid out a fortune to the magazine guys.So far the best bikes according to magazines :

gsxr-600 -was the crappiest 600 last year now an update and it is better than the r6 get real
gsxr-750 -same bike fell second to the r1 last bike of the year now unchanged it is better??
gsxr-1000 -hey who knows maybe it is the best bike on the planet

Well I think Eric Bostrom likes his zx-6r

GO ERIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris
Eric Bostrom Rules(say it with me RCJohn) Eric Bostrom Rules!!!
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 08:16 AM

Re: decisions decisions

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyronin
Anyway, 6R owners, hit me up with some opinions on your bikes.
Well I just picked up my brand new 2000 6R about a month ago. I've put close to 1000 miles on it sense then, and here's my opinion:

This bike is a complete package...it is definately a confidence inspiring bike. easy to handle, very comfortable, falls into the corners when you want it to, but will gladly let you squirrel around while you're there. It's got enough juice to pull wheelies on command in the lower gears (haven't tried the upper yet), and still be a docile street bike for commuting to work. I was apprehensive at first about getting this bike...wasn't sure if I wanted to trade to Honda...I mighta but I got a good deal on this one, and now I have no regrets...If you're seriously considering one there 1 green 2000 6R here locally thats brand new...never been ridden (its the twin of mine) just waiting for an owner (list is $6600 before TTT)....

Will
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 08:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to ninjadude
Kawi is the way to go. Reliable, fast, cheaper, and hea, It's a Ninja.
Honda still makes a good bike don't get me wrong. Just had to add that so no one gets mad.

"NOT my gum drop buttons"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode