Zx-9r - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

Question

I'm thinking about buying either a Yamaha-R6 or a Kawasaki ZX-9R. Does anyone have a year 2000 ZX-9R. if so, how do you like it and would you recommend buying it? Or if anyone has any comments on either of these 2 bikes, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 10:41 AM
Founder

Before we recommend the bike, these bikes are WORLDS apart. The most important thing to find out first is, what do you want to do with your sportbike?

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2001, 01:14 PM

Unhappy

I do have a zx9r and love it but would not suggest it or the r6 for a first bike.If you could give some info for us we all could give you some great bikes that fit your needs.

Chris
Eric Bostrom Rules(say it with me RCJohn) Eric Bostrom Rules!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2001, 04:35 PM

I also have a 2000 9R and love it. For me, being a taller rider, it is more comfortable and has more than enough power. I agree with qbclub13. This is not a bike to learn on.

Yes it's fast and no, you can't ride it!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2001, 06:12 PM

is this guy implying a bike like this for his first ride?....i hope not let me tell you buddy the 2000 zx-9r is one bad mother it is the most comfortable bikes out there with some major power. let me tell you i am almost to 1000 miles on it so far yesterday messing around on a open hwy at 3 oclock in the morning in full gear with a buddy of mine. he raced ahead of me and i went to catch up i passed him in the left lane after i got out of his for that slit second of off the throotle and back to jamming in down again while i passed him at 140 mpr he told me later dude you had the front off the ground at least 3 inchs. you wanna know the scarry part my son? i didnt even knew that it lifted. this is not a bike for a beginner but a kawasaki cycle....nothing screams like em.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode