About ZX6R's - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to dudeman7
Question

Hey I have a question for all you kawasaki guys out there. I have some riding experience with dirt bikes when I was younger and I ride my some of my friends bikes often. I am also enrolled and will be taking the motorcycle saftey course in a couple of weeks. I want to buy a bike this summer and was wondering if I could get some advice on anything with the 98-00 model zx6r's. Any helpful info on prices, performane, and especially if this bike will fit me okay. I am about 6'4 and weigh around 210. The most comfortable bike I have ridden is a 98 F3, but I like the zx6r's way more. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 04:40 PM

Hey, Dude, here's what you want.
MSRP - 8099USD
Top speed - close onto 170mph
Wet weight - 434lbs.
HP ~98
The Kaw is known for being real-world comfortable. You'll want to get the next heavier grade of fork oil before you really start pushing it. I have sat on one, and they fit me fairly well, at 6'2" and 210lbs.
In a recently published comparision, the Kaw established a best lap time less than one second off the pace of the first-place Yamaha, and better than a second ahead of the f4 Honda. It is also a repeat champion of the Supersport 600cc drags.
Hope this helps you in deciding.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 04:41 PM

Thumbs up

Dudeman,

What can I say? I own one ('00 ZX-6R), and I love it!!! I've only had it now for about a month, but there are
several reasons I went it in the first place. It has (according to the mags) the smoothest, most powerful engines
of the current 600s, it has the best mix of performance/comfort, and hey! It won Cycle World's "Best Middleweight" for 2000! I don't think you can go wrong with the ZX-6R. I depends on what you want out of it.

Ron

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 05:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to BigChieFTP
6r is an awesome bike..pretty comfortable for a fast bike..plenty of power to keep you interested for a long time....Congrats on making the decision to take the Motorcycle Safety Course. They will teach you many useful tips for riding safely among the crazy car drivers.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 05:24 PM

Smile

I've had mine about a month and love it, it's the best move I made buying it, and Kawasaki has deals on them right now, I saved 1100.00 on mine. Only one problem now, my husband just bought a new Hayabusa, I'm In trouble with a capital T.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 06:28 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by apex
Only one problem now, my husband just bought a new Hayabusa, I'm In trouble with a capital T.
Don't worry, your bike can still spank his in the corners.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to dudeman7
Thaks to everybody you read this and gave me some advice. It was much appreciated. I now can not wait till I can get my bike. Thanks for the help.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-30-2001, 09:08 AM

I also have one (a '99) and I LOVE it... I know you will too!!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-01-2001, 08:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to scott99zx6r Send a message via Yahoo to scott99zx6r
Thumbs up

Dude, I cant stay off of my 99 6R. Its a blast to ride, its fast as hell, its comfortable for longer rides, & I think its the best looking 600 out there. The new 2 headlight design is just plain mean looking. I was thinking of trying to get the new design for my bike but its $$$$ expensive. Oh well. You cant go wrong w/ the 6R.
Later,
Scott

Scott
99 ZX-6R
00 Dakota R/T
96 S-10 Lowrider
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2001, 11:22 AM

Look for a late 98 model.

Stunning bike with good all round performance.

One point to look out for is paint jobs on older 96-97 models. I have read reports by owners claiming poor paint work at the front of the bike. However I have no problem with my GR 98 6R.

Oh, don't forget to check insurance prices!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode