new here. any 12 riders? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 07:22 AM Thread Starter

This forum doesn't seem to be as popular as esportbike or as big as labusas used to be. still, I imagine there are people here who are not on either of those fora.

Any zx12 riders here besides easyrider?

hey easy, zx-12r.org is simply fantastic, but it needs some presentation improvement. I hope I am not out of line.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 09:36 AM

Hey, Haru, how are you? I hope you're feeling better. There are a few 12 riders here, but not many. I meant to get the site where everyone went to after the Apocalypse, but I missed it. Do you know what it is?
P.S. Picked my stolen 12 up from New Orleans, now I have 2 red 00's. Lovin it!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Hi double. I much better thanks. On the mend and recovering quicker than I expected but slower than I hoped. I am no where near being able to ride again. I can barely drive for 10 minutes before I get exhausted.

Glad to hear you got your bike back. New Orleans, huh? no serious damage to it? Did you buy second 12 with your own money, or did the insurance cough up? I guess it was the first, otherwise I imagine the recovered bike would belong to the insurance company to do with as they see fit.

the apocalypsized 12 forum site is back up, btw. they moved to a new server with fresh software and al that. but the URL is different so you have to go back to the root and click you way into the 12 forum.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 04:28 PM

Yeah, Haru, I paid for the second one myself. Wasn't a lot of damage to the stolen one - it's missing a front turnsignal, and the mounts for the rear cowl are cracked, but that's all. What was bad was the police telling me that they had a hold on the bike, and I couldn't get it until they released it, and the towing company charging me 12 dollars a day for storage. I had to pay 386 dollars to get my own bike back!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-29-2001, 04:48 PM

Thought about it but stuck with my ZX-11. Anybody else got an 11? Yeah, 12 is better but I've never had any complaints!

some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2001, 10:11 PM

Talking

I just made the 600 mile mark on my new '00 ZX12.

This bike is the biggest kick in the pants since I started skydiving!!

Im loving it, am 100% happy with it (so far), and cant wait to get really comfortable with it (Ive been off sportbikes for a couple of years) so I can air it out a little. I DID get my front wheel off the ground coming into second gear the other day,,whata hoot!
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-16-2001, 09:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to donzx12
Talking

just hit 6000 mile mark after week end ride through mines rd to sanjose & back to modesto. 325 miles
on sat. did first clutch last week no other prob. lots of 1\4 mile passes 9.71 147 best so far. o 4 back tires.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 04:48 AM

Cool

Hi guys, lurked around here every once in a while, but never stopped in before. Riding season is just starting here in the cold and frosty inland Northwest US. Hope to be getting a bunch of miles on the 12 soon and get the breakin out of the way and let the fun start! Ozzy.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 11:49 AM

Nothing wrong with the zx11, sold mine after I bought my 12 (wish I hadn't, it just had extremely high mileage) Few bikes respond better to suspension upgrades than the 11.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2001, 12:53 PM

Question zx-11 suspension

No kidding! I just got done replacing the front fork seals- world of difference. What kind of suspension upgrades are you talking about?

some days it's just not worth gnawing through the leather straps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode