NEWBIE:Novice 1997 Ninja ZX-7R Exhaust and Horsepower questions. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2001, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to gqnamja1
Question

Hi i own a 1997 Ninja ZX-7r. 1) I was wondering how much horsepower my stock bike puts out to the back wheel. 2) Also, whats the differences between a slip-on exhaust and a full exhaust system? 3) What kind of slip-on and full exhausts are the best and most efficient for a 1997 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7r? 4) And finally how easy is it to install a slip-on exhaust? Is it all bolts? Or is there welding that is needed? Could i do it myself relatively simply? Or if i need to take it to a shop, how much would they charge to put on a slip-on exhuast? All replys would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 02:56 PM
Founder

Ask and you shall recieve.

#1. A Stock 1997ZX7R normally puts out about 110RWHP brand new. Give or take 5RWHP (RWHP = Rear Wheel Horse Power)

#2. A slip on is only the end pipe (or the "can" as some people call it). A full system is the pipe and header (the header is the set of pipes that go all the way up to the front of your motor)

#3. I personally like Muzzys the best for my Kawasaki's ( http://www.muzzys.com ) Good sound and a decent 8-10 hourse power increase (but this was for a full system and aftermarket jet kit). You can expect 3-6 Horse Power gain from a slip-on.

#4. A slip on is all bolts and very easy to put on. You can do it yourself with a few common tools. (Regular wrenches, and Allen wrenches)

Most people get slip-ons because of the nice sound and they normally do not require an aftermarket jet kit (which is normally an extra $100+ and needs to be installed by someone who knows what they are doing)

Sounds like a nice Muzzys slip-on is just what you need.

Welcome to Sportbike World!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 03:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to gqnamja1
Smile Thanks

Thank you for you help. Where would i find out how to put on a slip on? Like a "do it yourself" step by step. I'm thinking about a yoshi rs-3 slip on. What is your opinions on that?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2001, 06:14 PM
Founder

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by gqnamja1
Thank you for you help. Where would i find out how to put on a slip on? Like a "do it yourself" step by step. I'm thinking about a yoshi rs-3 slip on. What is your opinions on that?
The slip on pipe will come with instructions. Though I doubt you will need them as it's pretty straight forward on how to install it.

I've never had a Yoshi but I know a lot of others who have them and like them.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Robert; 03-24-2001 at 05:48 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2001, 05:08 PM

Installing a slip-on is a good first project. It's very easy and straightforward. If you get started and have any questions, the fellas out here will be glad to help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode