ZX7 vs ZX6 vs F4i - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Question

I currently own an F3 that I use for commuting every day and some weekend twisties. Price not being an issue, which do you guys think would be a good all arounder for me to replace the F3 with? I've been reading that the ZX7 runs like a pig, but no one has said what it takes to make it run...
Any help would be great!

P.S. I'm leaning toward the 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2001, 11:18 PM

I have a '99 ZX-6R that I love
It's fast, comfy, and looks great!
I have ridden an F4 and didn't like it as much as the ZX-6R, good luck in your decision!

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Co-owner/Administrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 05:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rob Nance Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Nance
hehe, don't listen to mustang riders, they are used to poor handling bad braking machines! I couldn't resist!

The brakes on the 98 ZX6r I road a dozen or so times had horrible horrible brakes. I don't know if they fixed them for 99, or if his perhaps had some air in the line. Also, the ZX6r in 98 gave almost zero feedback. People would say "wow, it corners so easy" but to me, no feedback and being to easy to lean over, is a bad thing. It left me wondering where it's limits were, because it sure wouldn't tell me.

Rob Nance
Austin, TX
1997 Suzuki GSX-R 750
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 05:38 AM Thread Starter

I have the same feedback problem with my F3. I found it's limit... LOWSIDE! No warning, it just let go. Maybe it's the 207's, mabe it's the bike.
Anyone have the same trouble with the ZX7r?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 06:31 AM
Super Mod

I have owned a 1998 F3 (which I loved). It never did anything I didn't want her too. It had good feed back and enough power to get me into trouble. I sold my F3 and got the F4, which is better in EVERY dept. It has more power, same comfy riding position, better feed back (at least with the 207's).

The ZX 6 is also a good ride. I haven't had the chance to ride one, but from all the info I have been reading it's just like the F4.

And for the ZX 7 I think Robert might be able to help you. But I think it is a little under powered for it's weight.

But I wouldn't worry about the power on any of these bikes, I'm a bigger guy (be nice guys) and my F4 has enough power to run with anybody (unless were doing a top speed run).
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 07:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rob Nance Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Nance
Just to clarify as Hamster made it sound like I said the F3 had little feedback. I said I had an F3, and the feedback was superb, but the 98 ZX6R had zero feedback.

That said, it could be partially the D207s. I preferred the old D204s, personally. They offerred more feedback, were more flickable, and were ready to hit the edge of the tire within 1 second of riding (as I did on several occasions, what was I thinking?) The 207 warmup is not much at all, but it was noticable I could ride on my 204s hard from the instant I got on the bike.

Rob Nance
Austin, TX
1997 Suzuki GSX-R 750
2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Nance
hehe, don't listen to mustang riders, they are used to poor handling bad braking machines! I couldn't resist!

Watch it Mister!!! LOL

Joe!
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 7,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium exhaust system, K&N, Jetted, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS

Co-owner/Administrator

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2001, 09:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
I know you didn't want to hear this but...

Which one do you like the looks and feel of better? Each of the three perform about the same on the street. Yes the ZX-7R is a 750 but the ZX-6R and F4i both can run right on the 7's heels now. The 7 is very heavy for it's hp output. There just isn't much difference in the 3 bikes when it comes to potential street performance.

Just my $.02

John

The sheep need love too but they lie.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2001, 05:56 PM

Really depends on what kind of riding you want to do. The zx-6 is probably more comfortable than the 7. The 7 is more stable than the six, and probably better for 2-up riding. Engine performance-wise, they're pretty much the same, but the 7 offers more room for inprovement.
All of these bikes are overkill for most street situations, and unless you routinely spin your rear tire and loft the front wheel while coming out of corners, any of these bikes should have enough power for you. If you want to do tricks, then go with the lighter 6. My .02.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode