Common Parts - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-19-2000, 07:38 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

I was just informed that the Kawasaki part number for the chain guards on the ZX-6R and the ZR-7 are exactly the same. In other words, a chainguard made out of carbon for one should fit the other. Clever people at Kawaski; if you have to make a bike oout of old parts, at least make sure that parts are good ones!

Richard M. Poniarski
'03 ZR-7S, a.k.a ZR750-H3
NY ZRX12R
AMA #674623
GTOC #80002511
ZR7OA # 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 01:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to RedNinja6R
Of course simple things like those parts are going to be used on the same bike from the same company. Why would the company spend more money into making a new chain guard.?? Especially for a budget bike to begin with. I mean if u had said the 2 bikes had the same swing arm or front shocks or other IMPORTANT components of the bikes. But then again.. the ZR-7 is no where near meant to be a performer like a ZX-6R.. But if it makes u happy.. we have the same rear lights as well.. :-)

RedNinja6R
----------------------
Y2k Straight RED Ninja ZX-6R,
97' BMW Mtech328i..
Amazingly RED isnt it.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 02:20 PM
Founder

90% rider 10% bike.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2000, 03:06 PM

Agreed!!! But I thought we were talking about common bike parts..?

RedNinja6R
----------------------
97' BMW Mtech328i..
Amazingly RED isnt it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNinja6R
Of course simple things like those parts are going to be used on the same bike from the same company. Why would the company spend more money into making a new chain guard.?? Especially for a budget bike to begin with. I mean if u had said the 2 bikes had the same swing arm or front shocks or other IMPORTANT components of the bikes. But then again.. the ZR-7 is no where near meant to be a performer like a ZX-6R.. But if it makes u happy.. we have the same rear lights as well.. :-)
I am not upset at having a "budget" bike. I have ridden my share of performance machines in their day, such as the original Honda CB750, Ducati's, etc. My ZR gives me what I want in a sportbike: good handling, comfort and the look I enjoy. The ZX-6R is a great bike, just not for me. The extra money I saved in buying my "budget" bike, which will go just as fast in most situations as any ZX, will buy me a lot of gear and or riding lessons. Riding well is 90% rider, the bike is only 10% of that equation...

Richard M. Poniarski
NY ZRX12R
AMA #674623
GTOC #80002511
ZR7OA # 3
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2000, 07:54 PM

The ZR-7 is a great bike for the price, my close friend picked one up 2 week after I picked up my ZX-6R. He had to change the front springs since they are not adjustable.. he had to make them tighter for his wieght of 225lbs. He keeps right up with us when we ride normally striaght(except corners), I've riden the bike plenty of times also. Not for my young taste personally but a very smooth relaxing bike. The riding position is extremely awkward thou.. sit so straight up with high handle bars, but the feet and seat position is like a sport bike.. But beyond all that, I just have to have fairings..

RedNinja6R
----------------------
97' BMW Mtech328i..
Amazingly RED isnt it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 04:43 AM
Squidwannabe

You gotta love all bikes though... Bikini's , Naked bikes ... even harleys (shhhh!!!! Don't tell ) ... I really like Titan motorcycles ... For a cruiser that is

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2000, 06:24 AM
Founder

I personally think the ZR-7 is the best naked bike on the street. I had the pleasure of riding on a few months ago and was VERY please with the way it handled.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-23-2000, 08:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i looked at a lot of sport-standards before buying my gsxr. the speed3, x1, and the awesome zrx1100. i wish i didn't get suckered by the performance of the gsxr.

speaking 90% rider, you guys shouldn't have seen this guy, gino, who did teampromotion track days (haven't seem him in awhile).

rumor has it that his bike failed tech first time it went through. not because it didn't have something taped up. not because he needed something wired. it failed because they didn't want fringe on the track. "fringe?" you say. that's right, gino's bike is a harley wide-glide. yes, for real.

he proceeded to amazed the sportbike guys by saving this monster when going off course at pocono!!! he also, get this, passed guys on the brakes. anyone who's been on the track and ridden a harley can understand how significant that is. harley brakes really do suck and outbraking someone is usually difficult.

think about that before you think someone's bike is crap.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-26-2000, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNinja6R
Not for my young taste personally but a very smooth relaxing bike. The riding position is extremely awkward thou.. sit so straight up with high handle bars, but the feet and seat position is like a sport bike.. But beyond all that, I just have to have fairings..
That is the point, I guess. Each of us decides what we want out of a bike and gets one to suit our needs. The upright riding position is a plus in my book, so I don't see it as "awkward". And as to fairings, been there and done that. Plus the new ZR-7S model will have a half-fairing, so I guess that if you need one you can have it too.

I just think that it is more than a great deal for the money. It is a great all-around motorcycle, something that is very difficult to find these days....

Richard M. Poniarski
NY ZRX12R
AMA #674623
GTOC #80002511
ZR7OA # 3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode