How to get my zx9r to wheelie - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
dj6

Question

How do I get my 2000 zx9r 2 power wheelie of throttle, or clutch but I'd like to save my clutch. Also how come gxsr's,900rr, and R1 seem easier to wheelie than kaws..

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 12:11 PM
Squidwannabe

Buddy,

I can tell you are new to bikes... I recommend you do not try this .. As you are a mere poser ...

I Don't even want to say first gear, but in 1st gear roll on the throttle to about 7-8K rpm, let off the throttle ... when you feel that the suspension dove down to the lowest position (3/4 sec - 1 1/2 sec), Hit the throttle on full .. when you feel the bike come up a bit STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP ..
This is a ZX9, It has 130hp ... You will flip this bike very easily ... VERY EASILY .. Try the above technique in 2nd or 3rd gear to start , If it doesnt work in third, try second..

I have a zx600R It has about half (65hp) the power of your bike , but it will power wheelie in 1st .. So like I said Be careful!!

------------------
Evil doers beware !

Adam

[This message has been edited by Squidwannabe (edited October 19, 2000).]
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-19-2000, 12:12 PM
Resident Smartass

Come to Columbus and I'll be more than happy to show you how to wheelie your bike.

------------------
Heeeere piggy piggy...

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-20-2000, 07:15 PM

How to wheelie it? Don't you mean how to keep the front wheel down? Christ. 65 hp for a 6R? Mine dynoed at 88hp and it runs rich.
In second (true about flipping in first...i've seen a picture of a mag color where the TEST rider did it) give it all hell. At about 6 - 8k (you'll have to figure out where it does best for your bike) let off. When your bike dives...pin it hard. It WILL come up. Surprizingly fast too. Have a full tank of gas. If it doesn't come up then drive around until you have less gas. You will need the weight of the fuel. Key points: sit as far back as you can, open it all the way (which means moving your hand so full throttle is with your wrist straight), cover the rear brake just in case. Clutch wheelies are against my religion. My 6R does wheelies in first very well. Second will only produce little girl wheelies unless the air is right. There is a HUGE thread on wheelies in the How Do I forum.

------------------
Dan...Comfortable enough with his manhood to ride a 600.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2000, 04:28 AM Thread Starter
dj6

Hi actually I've ridden for about 10yrs but mainly on STARTER bikes like 600's. I currently own a zx7 and zx9. I can ride the 7 for about a half a mile but I'm taking extra precautions on my 9 also everybody knows that jumping from A babys bike(600r)which is lucky to even to be pushing over 80hp, to a zx9 after dyneod 128 stock is a tremendous difference in power,balancing point, and handling etc.. My zx7 balancing point seems much high and my seven is much heavier. So it's not that I can't ride a wheelie it's I waunted somebody who acually own's a2000 zx9(a man's bike) for info. thanks 4 replys..

------------------
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2000, 06:35 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dj6:
A babys bike(600r)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey now!!!!!! watch it!! !!

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
www.joe4speed.com
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-21-2000, 08:12 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GreenNinja
Question What the???

Whats up with all the "Mans Bike" "Babys Bike" crap?? Chill out with the egotudes...

Come on guys... a Ninja250 is a baby's bike.
A Ninja600R is a beginner bike.

A Ninja ZX6R, Yamaha R6, GSXR600, and even an SV650 are MANS bikes just like the 7R, 9R, 12R and whatever else bike you have.

Also, SquidWannabe doesnt have a 6R he has a 600R, there is a night and day difference. 65HP on a 600R is about right where it ought to be.

tisk tisk, shame on all of you!

post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-24-2000, 12:55 PM

Red face Baby Bike?

I for one feel little need to go much faster than my ZX6r can handle. I've been riding since I was 9 (I'm 29 now) and have lost lots of friends to being stupid.

I've caught 'Busa's ridden by squids cause they couldn't handle the turn. I don't even consider today's 6's beginner bikes, 90+hp to the back tire, I'd consider the 250's starters if anything. I knew a guy in college who modified his 250 and would dog on us 600 riders in the turns, we quit laughing at him after this .

Besides, I have college debts to pay off. When I win the Lotto, I'll be on a 12 then maybe.

Xert
'00 ZX6r
Has yet to be powershifted past 3rd gear.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 09:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to kawaizx-9r Send a message via Yahoo to kawaizx-9r
Unhappy Squidwannabe

If your zx-6r only has 65 horse, somethings wrong with it!

Just wante to let you know!

If I'm so slow, why am I in front of you?
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 10-25-2000, 09:21 AM
Squidwannabe

Re: Squidwannabe

Quote:
Originally posted by kawaizx-9r
If your zx-6r only has 65 horse, somethings wrong with it!

Just wante to let you know!

REALLY ??
Oh wait... I dont think I said zx-6r, I think I said zx600R ?? As in zx600c2... As in Less than a ZX6E ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode