new ZX-6R thoughts on price? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Question

After a 3 year layoff and saving up all my pennies I've decided to jump back into the world of sport bikes.

Without a doubt the bike thats got my eye is the new ZX-6R - my problem is I've never bought a bike from a dealer. I know msrp is like $8000 - any of you more experienced fella's care to comment on what I might be able to work a dealer down to on a new bike? Typically how close do you pay to msrp on these types of machines? Any help would be tremendous!!

Thanks - TW

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-08-2000, 09:21 PM

It really all depends on what you put down... do as much as you can and the payments will be way lower, but good luck as all dealers can be asses... I have been burned before! I know you will enjoy it when you get it!

------------------
Joe
1999 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R, 4,100 miles, Vance and Hines Titanium slip on, synthetics, more to come soon!!!

1988 Mustang GT
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 12:57 AM

Also looking at new bikes - found a local dealer with 3 y2k 6Rs (all red) that he marked down to $6966 and that is supposed to include the taxes and title. Not sure if there are any hidden fees. Let me know if you want their name and phone #. You can always use a quote to negoiate with a local dealer. I am going to do just that myself.

------------------
Dave

600 Bandit

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 02:37 AM Thread Starter

Wow $6966 sounds unbelievable! I've read of people paying higher than list!

I wonder whether difficulty moving the "red" ones played into that - (I'm all about green) or whether that dealer is "full of <insert expletive>"

As stated above dealers for the most part are asses.

Thanks - TW

------------------
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-09-2000, 06:46 PM

Cool

I got my 6r for $8500 out the door. It was like pulling teeth. But, whatever I paid, I love this bike! I got it yesterday, and I'm breaking this bad boy in.

------------------
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-14-2000, 03:09 PM

Thumbs up

Got mine 2 months ago. Paid $8,000 out the door. Cash talks...remember there always another dealer somewhere that will deal sooner or later. Keep looking till you find one.

------------------
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 12:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
better get it now before eric wins the 600ss championship for brand k. most dealers will come down, but not a lot. but that 600ss championship seems to help the dealer's cause.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

I hear ya - I caught the Pikes Peak race the other day, but it didnt occur to me that Eric winning the Champ. might strike a blow to my cause. Dealer scum will use anything to their advantage.

The best I've been able to do so far is $8400 out the door (for a seemingly tough to find green one)

------------------
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 03:14 PM

A dealer in Lincoln, NE, said he had two or three ZX-6R's left, and they would go for $7400. He said OTD price would be about $7500. I beleive they were all firecracker red.

------------------
Scanner
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-15-2000, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Thats about right on par with what I'm finding. I had a dealer around here down to $7499 (for a green one) over the weekend but that didnt include taxes, freight, tags, title, oxygen fee, vasoline, blah blah. All said and done the OTD price was over $8400 (just out of reach). He called me back today and I managed to get the OTD price to $8000 even (not sure what he dropped) so I'm going for it tomorrow!!

Strangely I'm finding a ton of red ones around so I consider myself lucky to find a green one at this point

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode