why zrz1100 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2000, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

why did kawasaki bring back such an ugly bike to the streets? maybe a few enthusiasts would buy it, but still, they should put more efforts on to their other bikes to compete in the 700 class.

------------------
Too Young to ride, too old to not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 03:33 AM
Pete

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youngrider_250:
why did kawasaki bring back such an ugly bike to the streets? maybe a few enthusiasts would buy it, but still, they should put more efforts on to their other bikes to compete in the 700 class.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

(1) Ugly is a very subjective term.
(2) I seriously doubt that the marketing and selling of the ZRX1100 took anything away from the development of the 750.

------------------
Pete
"Ultimately, most problems can be solved by applying a large brick to the correct skull. Difficulties arise when you don't have a brick or can't find the the right skull. The Devil is always in the details."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 03:58 AM

I'm with you Pete.
Some people call 250's and 500's ugly...some people call my bike ugly....fortunately beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. There are a lot of bikes out there that to some are ugly and to others are not (I have my few that I think are, but by and large I find all bikes appealing in some way).

As far as taking away from the 750 class: Not likely. Obviously Kawasaki has its reasons for waiting until 2001, and I have a feeling that whatever they release in '01 will be the bike to reckon with for next year.

It's all a viscious cycle...

Will

------------------
Will Darton
Sportbikeworld Co-Admin
http://azsportbike.net
99ZX-6e

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 04:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
kawi sells a lot of them in europe from what i hear. second, the bike is friggin' cool.

bikes like the zxr11 make bikes like the 9r (and maybe some day 7r) possible. the zxr uses a crapper load of bike's parts. just like them vulcans.

when you become oldrider 250 you'll understand.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy

[This message has been edited by cbrf2boy (edited July 31, 2000).]
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-31-2000, 01:11 PM

Angry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by youngrider_250:
why did kawasaki bring back such an ugly bike to the streets?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, watch your mouth you little punk, your talking about a Kawasaki!!!!

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 01:15 PM

there are over 1500 members in the zrx owners association (not bad for a 2yr old club that is internet based) that would like to dscuss the idea of ugly with you. kaw brought the bike to the states after selling it in japan and europe for a couple of years. it was successful in both of those markets and they hoped that it would be succesful enough in the U.S. to sell 2000 of them. those 2000 sold out very quickly in many areas of the country, in some areas of the country they did not sell as well, but they did well enough for kaw to import a larger number in 2000 and to add a black model in the states. it is also avalable in red and blue in canada, japan, and europe.
i own one, i think it is a very attractive bike myself. there are other bikes i think look as good or even better. there is no other bike i have ridden or owned that does so many things as well, especially for the price. it tours well, handles well, and goes like stink. it cost very little to buy, very little to maintain and customize, and the insurance is low, low, low. i can't see myself ever selling it. the reason they brought it into the states is because they hoped they could sell some and make some money.

------------------
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-01-2000, 02:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to RCjohn
Better not let Eddie Lawson hear you say that bike is ugly. Too young to know who Eddie Lawson is huh?

That is an awesome looking and running bike. From what I hear, a pretty good touring bike too.

------------------
John

"If Harley made an airplane... would you fly in it?"
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 12:43 AM
Squidwannabe

They took a ZX-11 Motor and tuned it down, crammed it in ... voila I call it ZRX1100!

Beeuuutifulll little(err.. big) bike!

------------------
Whatever that little sheep said is a damn lie !!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-02-2000, 01:44 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
cool looking swingarm as well. those dual shocks look mighty adjustable too.

------------------
Tony

the views and opinions expressed by tony (cbrf2boy) are the ramblings of a total idiot. sbw.com, it's administrators, moderators, and members don't necessarily agree with and are not responsible for anything this idiot has to say.

for more ramblings try cbrf2boy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode