ZX7R - not only skin deep - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-25-2000, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
neo

Thumbs up

Folks,

Just got back from a little night riding on my ZX7R. I'm loving the bike more and more everytime I ride it. It really feels "solid"; confidence inspiring especially when I'm taking a curve. I could definately get into riding bigger and heavier bikes! I can't wait to taking the bike to Rt. 211 and/or race track! I'm so glad I got it. Beauty is only skin deep obviously doesn't apply to my ZX7R! I'm looking forward to putting many more mileage on it!

Talk to you guys later.

--Tai

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 05:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GreenNinja
Tai,
Its always great to hear about a happy 7R owner, but word of warning. The bike kicks a$$ and it is TOO confidence inspiring. What i mean to say is you need to be careful because it will build SO much confidence you can easily let the bike get ahead of you.

Keep things in perpective and you will reap many rewards, out riding most other sportbikes on that thing. Just dont let the bike trick you into believing you are superman. It will do this and suddenly turn around and bite you when you least expect it. (seen it happen a few times on the 7R)

RIDE ON!

------------------
Fear Green.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 06:43 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GreenNinja:
The bike kicks a$$ and it is TOO confidence inspiring. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a fact. I love riding my 7R. Due to its weight, its a bit less flickable than other bikes. But once it's down into the curve it becomes so damn stable that you almost forget you're doing 90mph in 25mph zone.

------------------
Hey officer, wanna race????

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-26-2000, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
neo

Thumbs up

Thanks for the warning guys. No doubt, words of wisdom. I agree with the note on the trade-off: stability but less flickability.

Thanks again guys.

--Tai

p.s. Were there fundamental changes since my '98 ZX7R? Like that of my F4 since the F2..., i.e., ground up modifications.

------------------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode