05 zx10 suspension settings. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to mainerdr
05 zx10 suspension settings.

I was going thru an old cycle world and found this info on 05 zx10r suspension settings..... Thought you zx10r's may want to review it.

Here is the info...
it's in CW aug05 pg 20.
I will write the whole thing out as stated ....

Question:
Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent litre bike comparo. Far and away the best part was having Doug Chandler along. You did it right got hep from a real professional (not some Pro Blunder rider like another publication that will reamain nameless). I have one question Why didn't you publish the suspensio0n settings Chandler found for the zx10r that helped with headshake? I'm sure all of us 10r pilots would like to know how a threetime ama superbike champ does it.

Answer:
The zx10r had its fork compression damping set 10 clicks out from closed (standard is 7) while shock compression was set at 3.5 turns out (standard is 3) and shock spring preload was one turn out from standard (182mm spring length vs. 178mm.) All other settings were as specified in the owners manual. According to Kawasaki tech Scott Buckley, who helped with our test, these settings work for the Dunlop d208gps we rean and for the stock d218s, but he warns other tires may require different settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode