Zx-10r:) - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Talking Zx-10r:)

Damn Guys....I figured What The Hell....Why Not Go All Out....Im Not Going With Middle Class...Im Getting A Zx-10r....Now I Know Yall Are Gunna Be Negative Saying Ohhh YourGunna Eat It And Stuff....But Whos To Say I Have To Haul Ass??. I Can Get Used To The Bike And Slowly Get Into It. I've Seen People Who Never Even Rode A Bike Hope On 1000s. Like My Buddy His First Bike Was A Cbr1100 And He Loved EveryMintue Of it...He Still Hasnt Wrecked It Cuz He Took It Slow At First... And I Say Why Not Spend Like 2 Grand More And Get A Badass Bike. What Do yall think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1455_1024.jpg (116.1 KB, 257 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Oh And Before I Forget....Are They Pretty Comfy?? Like ..More Comfy than a 636?
post #3 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 09:15 PM

I don't know, but I think when you buy it you should give Vash your phone number just incase he needs some spare parts.

Good luck with your choice, it's a great bike.

post #4 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Ok Dude why you gotta be so damn negative? i have experience with bikes. i've been riding dirtbikes all my life..i've known people who never even rode dirtbikes and got on 1000s and did alright ...didnt even wreck. im gunna break it in right..go slow at first.get the feel of it.. why do you gotta say shit like that
post #5 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 05:00 AM

If thats your first street bike I would highly advise against it. Of course its your life, your money, so do whatever you want.
sure zx10 is a fun bike, but it is tempermental. Be carefull.

Oh, and no, its not all that comfy. I cant see riding more than 400 miles in a day on it.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #6 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash
If thats your first street bike I would highly advise against it. Of course its your life, your money, so do whatever you want.
sure zx10 is a fun bike, but it is tempermental. Be carefull.

Oh, and no, its not all that comfy. I cant see riding more than 400 miles in a day on it.

Well i have to agree with vash.....these bikes are AWESOME! But they are very very touchy. They really arnt that must different than the 636 though.....my boyfriend had both and they were both great in their own ways. The blue ones are the prettiest though....

If I drive to fast then get the hell off my bike.
post #7 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
Banned

what makes them not comfortable?? Are they less comfortable that other 1000s??..im either gettin a suzuki or a kawasaki...my buddy within a month has put 5 thosand miles on his bike..he hs a 636..people bitch about it being uncomfortable..but he likes it.
post #8 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Olson
what makes them not comfortable?? Are they less comfortable that other 1000s??..im either gettin a suzuki or a kawasaki...my buddy within a month has put 5 thosand miles on his bike..he hs a 636..people bitch about it being uncomfortable..but he likes it.
Its all about personal preferance. But generally speaking, a race rep is not going to be a comfortable bike. To me, the forward bend of the back, as well as the back bend of the clip ons are the most uncomfortable features of the bike. Dont get me wrong, I love it, but I'm not going to tell you its something that it isnt. And its definetly not a tourer.
I rode the K5 gixxer, and while it feels very comfortable sitting on it, riding is abit of a different story. The very low seat hight means that the pegs are closer to your butt, meaning some extreme knee bends. The clip on are also very close to you, which made me feel like I was riding a minibike. Once again, awsome bike, but comfort is not its strong point.

-—Theodore Roosevelt

|
|
post #9 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to izzybo69
Comfort? Ha!

As far as the 1000 part, i know people get negative, but alot of what they are saying is true.These bikes are RACE bikes, they are not tame, There is no other vehicles that even compare, I rode/race dirtbikes for 6yrs, That in no way prepares you for getting on a new liter bike, I am not questioning how carefull you will be, I am not even saying not to buy one, that is your decision, you may never have an accident. But inexperience + liter bike, can be deadly, this is not arguable, just a fact. I have been riding sportbikes since 98, and I still have my hands full with the 1000, i cannot even come close to riding it to its ability, I am thinking about getting a 750, because I would actually probably be faster on a 750, because they are a little tamer, and can push it harder.

But, yes it is possible to buy a liter bike as a first bike and never have an issue, Is it smart? Hell no, no one can argue that.

I had a friend buy an 03 R1, Died 3 months later on it, have another friend bought an 04 RC51, crashed, then he bought an 05 gixxer 1000, crashed it, then he bought an 05 1000RR, and crashed it last month, all this within a yr. Have another friend who bought an 05 Gixxer 1000, had it a week, crashed it in the exact same spot the guy died on the R1, have another friend bought a busa, crashed it within 2 weeks of purchase. All of these were their first sportbikes.

Not saynig this will happen to you, just saying the ODDS are against you and to really think about what you are doing, there is no reason in the world a new 636 is not enough bike.

Just to ask, why would you buy a 1000 over a 600, curious to here why?

I may not know everything about somethings, but i know something about everything!
post #10 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 09:51 AM

Izzy, you got a pm

-—Theodore Roosevelt

|
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode