Zx-10r:) - Page 2 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 10:57 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 434
You got one back!
izzybo69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 11:26 AM
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 675
Sounds like your ego is what is getting in the way of getting a 600cc bike.

I would say as soon as you get it start practicing wheelies, so you can look cool on it too.... you can do it... I am sure some of your friends have? Most newbees I have seen wreck do so trying to keep up with their friends... you may want to keep this in mind.

oh yea, hope you have enough money left over to get a helmet or some protective gear....

I want you to be safe and keep the shiney side up but this is like a first car being a ferrari or lamborgini.... way to much power for someone to be learning with..... chances are you will be fine? We all take chances when we get on our bikes but why increase the odds of hurting yourself when they are high enough as it is....

I promise you that you are not ready for the panic factor that bike can put on you with a short twist of the throttle....

Newbee + "new" zx10 = DANGER! Terror alert elevated!
mainerdr is offline  
post #13 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:08 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 54
just no.....


i dont really agree with people on the whole "600cc being to much of a bike for a first rider/experiance rider" but i NEVER thought of actually buying a liter bike. I just read an article on the gixxer 1000 compared to....I think it was the ZX-6R......the gixxer beat it by like a second in the quarter which is a good amount i know, but lap times.......depended on who was riding. Two different guys took a couple of laps each on the gixxer 1000 and zx-6r......one guy beat his own GIXXER 1000 lap time with the ZX-6R. That's a little less than 364cc LESS than the gixxer....What is was proving is that people who KNOW how to use 1000cc bikes properly will get the benfits completely....but the 600cc are a lot more nimble and can turn better turns (which i think is a lot of fun) and they still have a SHIT load of fucking power.

I have a SV650S...which has 650cc and is a v-twin with around 73 horsepower and around 47 torque i believe (dont really remember). Those 600cc inline-4 jap bikes (ninja zx-6r) have are inbetween 100-108 horsepower. those things fucking move. I love my sv650s and it has TONS of power. I rode a 2000 CBR600F4i and that was just something else......soooo cool.


its a lot of risk and i dont really give a shit about your life, so you want to fuck up faster, go ahead
TMH213 is offline  
 
post #14 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 97
Well I do have some expereicne..and you dont have to haul ass on them man. i have alot of expericne with manauel clutch. I've riden dirtbikes all my life. and im not a fuckin idiot when it comes to trying to show out when im not comfortable or anything. Im baisically gunna take it real easy when i frist get it and breawk it in right. Sounds Like your freinds didnt do that. Sounds like they thought they could handle all that power and when they cracked the throttle they ate shit.
Olson is offline  
post #15 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:25 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 97
All You guys act like 1000s are fuckin death traps. its dumb . if your gunna get a 600. why not spend a grand or two more and get a bigger bike? thats what im doing.im not rich and if im getting a bike its gunna be one of hte best
Olson is offline  
post #16 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:38 PM
S370HSSV 0773H
 
spicersh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Terrible Hole, IN
Posts: 7,437
Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Olson
All You guys act like 1000s are fuckin death traps. its dumb . if your gunna get a 600. why not spend a grand or two more and get a bigger bike? thats what im doing.im not rich and if im getting a bike its gunna be one of hte best
I don't particularly care which bike you get, but just wanted to say that bigger doesn't always mean better. It's more rider than bike when talking performance numbers. Having ridden small and large bikes I personally am leaning towards another 600 as the next ride. They do more than I could ever ask of them, are cheaper to insure, better gas mileage, arguably more flickable in twisties, etc. It all depends on what you're looking for. Straight line pull-my-arms-outta-socket acceleration isn't that big of a deal to me, and as mentioned the 600's aren't much behind the 1k's in that regard anyway.

Whatever you get, good luck. Just remember that bigger doesn't equal better in every case.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
spicersh is offline  
post #17 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
I don't particularly care which bike you get, but just wanted to say that bigger doesn't always mean better. It's more rider than bike when talking performance numbers. Having ridden small and large bikes I personally am leaning towards another 600 as the next ride. They do more than I could ever ask of them, are cheaper to insure, better gas mileage, arguably more flickable in twisties, etc. It all depends on what you're looking for. Straight line pull-my-arms-outta-socket acceleration isn't that big of a deal to me, and as mentioned the 600's aren't much behind the 1k's in that regard anyway.

Whatever you get, good luck. Just remember that bigger doesn't equal better in every case.
yea.. but everyones got 600s and i dont like to be one in teh crowd i like to stand out you know? the zx10 is alot less wider than most 600s. so it would handle just as good or better. You just cant give it as much gas
Olson is offline  
post #18 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:46 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 624
Heck, some people can control a throttle, some can't. I don't like seeing/hearing of anyone wreck due to whatever reason. IMO this is what freedom is all about, the ABILITY to make a choice. Although it's generally a good idea to get a smaller CC bike, like speeding, stunting, and whatever else, there are people out there that CAN do it responsibly. I admit, I could've handled a liter bike for my first bike. As with Olsen, I had significant dirtbike experience. Think flying down a "road" full of boulders at 45 is any less dangerous than 110 in a straight line on the highway?

I dunno, that's my tirade for the day. Personal freedoms are disappearing every day. At some point, enough squids keep dying on liter bikes, we're going to end up with a graded licensing system like the UK. Not a bad idea, but this is the fucking U.S.A., and I really, REALLY, hate it when people try to make decisions for me...

When that time comes, might as well wipe your ass with the Constitution and try to join the EU!
Mystery Squid is offline  
post #19 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally posted by Mystery Squid
Heck, some people can control a throttle, some can't. I don't like seeing/hearing of anyone wreck due to whatever reason. IMO this is what freedom is all about, the ABILITY to make a choice. Although it's generally a good idea to get a smaller CC bike, like speeding, stunting, and whatever else, there are people out there that CAN do it responsibly. I admit, I could've handled a liter bike for my first bike. As with Olsen, I had significant dirtbike experience. Think flying down a "road" full of boulders at 45 is any less dangerous than 110 in a straight line on the highway?

I dunno, that's my tirade for the day. Personal freedoms are disappearing every day. At some point, enough squids keep dying on liter bikes, we're going to end up with a graded licensing system like the UK. Not a bad idea, but this is the fucking U.S.A., and I really, REALLY, hate it when people try to make decisions for me...

When that time comes, might as well wipe your ass with the Constitution and try to join the EU!
Enough Said...Thanks Man Its NIce To See These Forums Arent Filled With Assholes
Olson is offline  
post #20 of 153 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 01:50 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 624
...ah, they are just lookin' out for ya...

Mystery Squid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome