Do I HAVE to take it in at 600 miles? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Do I HAVE to take it in at 600 miles?

Anyone know about the Warranty?

I'm just TOTALLY excited to take my bike into the dealer for the $200 oil change.

I called them up and asked them if I changed the oil myself, took a pic of the odometer, etc. would that suffice for the warranty, and they said no.

Is there some documentation backing them up on this?

'03 Kawi Z1000
1st Place, Modified Sport Bike
2008 Albuquerque Super Bike Show
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 08:04 AM

From what I know its dealer dependant. Some dealers will let you work on it, some wont.
Then again, kawi is going to have a hard time denying you warranty work, should something happen. The dealer might BS you, but you can always take it to another one.

-- Thats Just The Way I Roll

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are".
-—Theodore Roosevelt

"In war there is no substitute for victory."
---Douglas MacArthur, General

"Beware of those in whom the urge to punish is strong".
---Johann Wolfgang Goethe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 02:26 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to molebaby
Unless your a good customer buying a new bike and a bunch of parts every year or two at my dealership. And if I found you had worked on you bike. I would advise Kawasaki Motor Corp. that you had voided your warrentty. Unless of course you are a factory certified tech or an M.M.I. grad. And why not your taking food from my mounth. I would have no problem sleepping at night.

Molebaby
A convicted killer out on a legal technicality.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 04:37 AM

Look at your paperwork. There is a contract in there that states everything you need to know.

A few ccs short of a full litre.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by molebaby
Unless your a good customer buying a new bike and a bunch of parts every year or two at my dealership. And if I found you had worked on you bike. I would advise Kawasaki Motor Corp. that you had voided your warrentty. Unless of course you are a factory certified tech or an M.M.I. grad. And why not your taking food from my mounth. I would have no problem sleepping at night.
Then why does the company publish the manual? Not trying to take food out of anyone's mouth here, but the readily available shop manual takes you through things like oil changes and regular maintenance quite easily. Now, if you can prove that it was done incorrectly, by all means, call it a warranty void. But if it was done properly according to the manufacturers accepted manual... well... then I would phone my attorney.

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DanQ
Then why does the company publish the manual? Not trying to take food out of anyone's mouth here, but the readily available shop manual takes you through things like oil changes and regular maintenance quite easily. Now, if you can prove that it was done incorrectly, by all means, call it a warranty void. But if it was done properly according to the manufacturers accepted manual... well... then I would phone my attorney.
Maybe kawasaki changed there policy when you went thru factory service dept. training . But when I went thru the training at Irvine Cal. they told me unless the services are done by a factory trained tech or some one the factory considers cable it violated the warrenty!
As far as the manuals well the warrenty doesn't last for ever. And just because you can read doesn't mean you can do the work right.
Lawyer Call who ever you want the firm of comeon were going to get you and how is wait for your call.

Molebaby
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Maybe kawasaki changed there policy when you went thru factory service dept. training . But when I went thru the training at Irvine Cal. they told me unless the services are done by a factory trained tech or some one the factory considers cable it violated the warrenty!
As far as the manuals well the warrenty doesn't last for ever. And just because you can read doesn't mean you can do the work right.
Another reason I wouldn't own a Kawasaki I guess. I'd sooner have my wifes Buell than the best thing they have to offer.

Quote:
Lawyer Call who ever you want the firm of comeon were going to get you and how is wait for your call.
Can you say that in english? I'm not even capable of guessing what you were trying to say.

Dan
1991 FZR 1000 - built 1040 with race cams, Akrapovic full exhaust, and mild suspension work
2004 YZF R1 - Graves full exhaust, velocity stacks, BMC race filter, and Power Commander. Rear Ohlins. Forks rblt with Race Tech springs and Gold Valves.
2005 20th Anniversary V-Max (0098/2000) - T boost,
2005 YZF R6 track bike - Graves full exhaust, Race Tech suspension
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-08-2005, 06:04 PM

I believe there is a law that states warranties cannot be denied based on whom the maintenance was done by as long as it was properly performed. I forget the name of the ruling and am unsure if it is true or not. Does anybody know?

Living the Dream
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Lawyer Call who ever you want the firm of comeon were going to get you and how, is wait for your call.

Can you say that in english? I'm not even capable of guessing what you were trying to say.

Sound it out, I know you can do it!

Molebaby
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 AM

They cannot void the warranty, its covered by various state and federal laws.

Molebaby where is your dealership so I can be sure never to visit it. Its people like you that cause the term "stealership" to be coin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode