What do you want to tell Kawasaki? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

What do you want to tell Kawasaki?

Through the years, Kawasaki has sent people into the field to gauge public reaction to their bikes, and to see what people are doing with their bikes. What would you like to let them know...

I'll start off by saying I'd like them to upgrade their suspension quality, and give us brake discs that don't warp in 5k miles.....Knowing that many people like to fit big bores, stretched swingarms, and turbos or nitrous, build a platform that is easily modifiable to be the king of the strip.......... I've been riding only Kaws since 1980, and other than those two complaints I love 'em.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:40 PM

Fit braided brake lines stock. Please.

Hmm.. thats really about it.... Aside from a returning customer discount.. that would rock...

(on my third kawi)

post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 03:00 PM

No complaints.

Thank you for building bikes.

On my second Kawi...

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

I had a 90 zx11 that I put 107k miles on. Wonderful bike, they didn't get much wrong with that one...But my rotors warped, not as quickly as the ones on the 12. Put a Fox Twin clicker shock on the back of the 11, a set of Racetech Cartridge emulators in the forks, a Corbin seat, and some braided brake lines. Those suspension enhancements made a big difference, well worth the money...Then it was perfect for me. Nice looking bike you got there........
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 05:57 AM

1) Steel braided brake lines.

2) Galfer wave rotors (for the 6... 10s already have them)

3) get rid of that stupid ass fkin undertail... revert to 03-04 style.

4) do away with the 'split' style gas tank, its ugly.

5) top-mount (scotts style) steering dampers, stock.

6) HID lights

7) (10R) WTF is up with not being able to match the bottom fairing paint color? cmon guys... USE THE PAINT.

Summary: Revert to 04-style ZX-6R's, but keep the 10R the way it is. Add braided brake lines to all bikes, wave rotors to the 6. Add steering dampers across the board.

EDIT: I will not buy another new bike if everyone keeps going with the under-tail style exhaust. I really do not like that. My next bike will have to be a used 04 ZX-636 or a ZX-10R, assuming they dont do something stupid for 06 like... make an undertail exhaust and round off the sexy upper fairing.

Last edited by ZX6R1033; 06-17-2005 at 05:59 AM.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:25 AM

Yeah, steering dampers! Amen to that one.

Undertail exhaust has the neat advantage that its protected in a crash (to a point) but it comes at the expance of not having a trunk, and 10lbs more weight. which sucks... but the whole protected thing is cool.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Vash

Undertail exhaust has the neat advantage that its protected in a crash (to a point) but it comes at the expance of not having a trunk, and 10lbs more weight. which sucks... but the whole protected thing is cool.

Why I dont like undertails
by ZX6R1033

I dont like undertails because they are ugly. You lose what little trunk space you have, and since I ride an average of 8 hrs a day, this is important to me. They add weight. They do away with any reasonable attempt to mod your bike to look different (ie: high exit exhaust). you lose horse power. The passenger complains about the heat, regardless of the heat shields.

Last but not least... In a test on the 2005 GSX-R1000 (pre-release), the idea of an undertail was brought to the table. A bike was fitted with an undertail exhaust and sent into the field for testing. EVERY rider was in agreement that it made the bike feel unpredictable and top heavy. It made an otherwise stable bike unstable feeling, so Suzuki moved the pipe back to the side of the bike. Further testing with the pipe on the side went well. Therefore, the release of the R1000 proved that undertails are NOT a good thing.

I, personally, have absolutly NOTHING good to say about undertails. I hate them and I wish they would stop making EVERY FKING BIKE WITH THEM!!!
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:37 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Vash

The 10 lbs thing seems a legitimate gripe to me, but the trunk space one is just silly, IMO (not getting on you specifically Vash, I've heard this same complaint from numerous people about all manufacturers). Who rides a sportbike for it's storage space? The only thing I've ever needed that space for was an insurance card, registration, and maybe a crushed coke can to use if I parked on blacktop/gravel. If I need to carry anything else I break out the backpack.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
The 10 lbs thing seems a legitimate gripe to me, but the trunk space one is just silly, IMO (not getting on you specifically Vash, I've heard this same complaint from numerous people about all manufacturers). Who rides a sportbike for it's storage space? The only thing I've ever needed that space for was an insurance card, registration, and maybe a crushed coke can to use if I parked on blacktop/gravel. If I need to carry anything else I break out the backpack.

I take my bike on a lot of overnight trips.... I go to Vermont every weekend. I usually have my backpack stuffed full of cloths and what not... buy pillows and blankets when I get to where I am going, cause I cant carry them on the bike.

I have removed the inside tray in my trunk area, so I can carry 2 1liter bottles of soda. That space is VERY important to me, and I definitly consider it a legit gripe. Not everyone uses their bikes for a half hour romp through the corners, or a "show-off" night in town. I am sorry if i took your post the wrong way, but that one kinda pissed me off.

EDIT: btw.. ill save everyone the trouble... dont bother to recommend a sport/touring bike. not happenin.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:56 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by ZX6R1033
I take my bike on a lot of overnight trips.... I go to Vermont every weekend. I usually have my backpack stuffed full of cloths and what not... buy pillows and blankets when I get to where I am going, cause I cant carry them on the bike.

I have removed the inside tray in my trunk area, so I can carry 2 1liter bottles of soda. That space is VERY important to me, and I definitly consider it a legit gripe. Not everyone uses their bikes for a half hour romp through the corners, or a "show-off" night in town. I am sorry if i took your post the wrong way, but that one kinda pissed me off.

EDIT: btw.. ill save everyone the trouble... dont bother to recommend a sport/touring bike. not happenin.
It has nothing to do with what the bike is used for. My bikes were used as daily commuters putting about 130 miles per day on them at a minimum. The only method I ever considered for transporting things on it were again my backpack, or bungee straps on the passenger seat. Anything bigger than that and I used a cage. I'll grant you it is a legit gripe, as anything that irritates you about a product is a legit complaint. However, I stand by my opinion that it is an unrealistic complaint to have as sportbikes are not manufactured with hauling cargo in mind. They are purpose built, with that purpose being to go very fast, brake well, handle well, etc. I'd be willing to guess that nowhere during the design phase of any modern sportbike has anyone put any real thought into cargo space, and rightly so. It simply is not needed to fulfill the bikes purpose. What you are trying to do it take a bike and adapt it to your purposes, and complaining about the limitations the bike puts on your desired purpose. It sounds like from a utility standpoint you'd be better off on a sport tourer with saddle bags, etc. I realize those models may not be attractive to you, which is why you choose the sportbikes. There is a tradeoff though. You want the looks, you gotta give up the cargo space.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode