After The Wreck!!!!!!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

After The Wreck!!!!!!!!

So Im on the 01 zx6r chasing the 05 r6 thru a hard hard curve he's running a brisk 80mph and I right behind him pulling hard at around 95. (DON"T RACE IN HARD CURVES!!!) He clears the turn I get right into it and keep drifting closer and closer to the edge of the road. Leaning farther and farther finally i realize DAM I overshot the hell outta this one. I find a clearing sit her up straight and run right off the road. Boom crash smash splash fizz smoke! Thats about it lol. I put her in a ditch at around 87 mph. Here I am scratch free lucky as ever no broken bones not even sore lol. Wow that really sucked. Ne way Weeks later i replace chain and both front and rear sprokets. -1 tooth in front stock rear.Im riding with all plastics off so shes completely naked no headlight either.

Heres my real post... When i hammer hard on throttle she screams real loud but is chugging the whole time (like a stock honda civic with a pipe on it) Then at say 7 grand power hits like i punched the nitrous and she stands up on the ass end in first 2nd and 3rd.

So i get beside that same r6 in second gear and both of us hammer it he walked off on me 3 times worse than before the wreck and then I had stock sprockets and factory chain.

My guesses A. Carbs? but why? nothin has been done to them?

B.Spark Plugs the plugs have like 10,000 miles on them. But ehh if-y?

C. Front air scoop the ninja has that enormous mouthlike air scoop that was off the bike at the time? Would that really make 'er chug halfway through every gear.I

Help!

Thanks Guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 10:48 AM

Sorry, can't help you, but just wanted to say that was a great read!!

Glad you came through your paddock bash okay.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Well hot dang!

No suggestions?

Well today I am going to throw new plugs in their and clean out the carbs real good and see where I stand. I'll let ya's know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode