Any last minute buying tips on a new Ninja 250? What is least/most I should pay? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Any last minute buying tips on a new Ninja 250? What is least/most I should pay?

I will make this as short as I can to not bore you all. Wasn't planning on buying my girl a bike this soon since I am still paying off some stuff. Was planning on June or so once all is paid off. I really wanted something larger like a SV650 but I know my girl and she is not the best when it comes to learning things like this so I figure get her a nice small light bike. I was going to buy used but they really are not that much cheaper with these 250's. So today I went up to 2 different shops.

First Shop: Ninja 250 3600$ out the door. 3.9% / 3yr O down.

Second Shop : Ninja 250 3750$ out the door. 3.9% /2yr O down.

These were their first prices without getting serious and ready to actually ride home on one. So what should I expect to shoot for in price and is there anything you all would recommend during buying a first *new bike.

(I don't mean break in, just things at the shop before I buy it,things I should look for, things to ask)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 05:34 PM

dont buy new..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

K thanks... why? what would you do?

I wasn't even considering new until I saw prices on Ebay and CycleTrader. The used 250s aren't much less then new. Reason I wouldn't mind paying the difference is

1.) I know its brand new and in perfect shape

2.) I know it was broke in correctly

3.) Gives my girl more confidence in the bike

4.) Would be really hard to find someone that can really look over a bike without charging a arm and a leg. Since I am no mechanic, go new, do maintinence on it, keep it new.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 06:54 PM

Re: Any last minute buying tips on a new Ninja 250? What is least/most I should pay?

Quote:
Originally posted by eno45
I will make this as short as I can to not bore you all. Wasn't planning on buying my girl a bike this soon since I am still paying off some stuff. Was planning on June or so once all is paid off. I really wanted something larger like a SV650 but I know my girl and she is not the best when it comes to learning things like this so I figure get her a nice small light bike. I was going to buy used but they really are not that much cheaper with these 250's. So today I went up to 2 different shops.

First Shop: Ninja 250 3600$ out the door. 3.9% / 3yr O down.

Second Shop : Ninja 250 3750$ out the door. 3.9% /2yr O down.

These were their first prices without getting serious and ready to actually ride home on one. So what should I expect to shoot for in price and is there anything you all would recommend during buying a first *new bike.

(I don't mean break in, just things at the shop before I buy it,things I should look for, things to ask)
I am lost.

What should you expect to shoot for in price on a brand new bike?

The cheepest price you can get is going to be (at the lowest) the actuall price of the bike. It is the same new bike at any other dealer.

I realize you are questioning the financing too. But when they say 3.9/3 yr , 0 down, you you will pay out the yahoo after the three years. You need to find out what interest rate they charge after the 3 years.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Not the least bit worried about that. I will have it paid off easily by mid 06. Easy. If not before 05 was over. I am just stoked that I can pay only 39$ a month for these next months that I pay off my bike, once its paid off around June I can start landing the 500-1000$ montly payments to get it all paid for. If they would make it a 6months same as cash I would do it
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 07:22 PM

Your gonna drop it no matter what you think.. Just read the other posts..

Do you actually think you are gonna be riding it in 5 yrs or whatever amount of time it takes to pay it off..

Why not get something to LEARN on, that you can beat up a little and not watch ur wallet go out the window..

Good luck and do some research.. You will find the right used bike.. I have never bought a new bike.. I just found a 03 600rr at a local dealer with 300 miles on it for 6200 otd... Take ur time the right prices and bike will come..

I still think you should go for the sv650 if u are taking a loan out.. I would suggest buying a couple year old one of those.. They will have more than enough for the next couple of yrs..

Ive got one chick that rides a 01 zx6r and another with an f4i.. they learned on these bikes.. if you got the patience it will come to ya.. depends on if ur lookin for show or go..

just my
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

1.)Yes I agree it will happen and I agree scratched bikes are easier to accept drops and learning mistakes. I bought used on my 919 for that same reason(too bad its in like new condition) But when I compared used prices to new for these Ninja 250's, its worth the extra little bit of money plus the new bike will inspire a little more confidence in my new rider.

2.) Sure, why not? I would think not everyone sells their bikes after 5years. And on the other note, it won't take me 5years to pay off. Try 6months - 1year.

3.) Yes a 250 is the ideal learner, new, good tires,good brakes, light and smaller for my 5,7 125lb woman. 3k is more than I wanted to spend(1500$) but I don't mind spending a little extra on her, and its only 3k for a new bike. A used SV650 would run me that or more and not be as well suited for her. If the bike was only for me as a 2nd bike I would with out a doubt get something else like a SV650 for that price range.

4.) Thanks for your opinions. I agree with you.

Last edited by eno45; 01-06-2005 at 11:05 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 06:01 PM

Cool never...

what ever you do ,,, dont kiss cylinders till you reach the finish line.. trust me!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 09:51 AM

Where are you located? I have one that was broken in right that may be for sale soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode