Sportbike World banner

help with height

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  apexismaximus 
#1 ·
i want to buy a kaw zzr600 but im a little too short. the only other bike i fit perfectly on is a ninja 250....too small and light for highway driving. does anyone know if i can lower the bike and if so how and what parts will i need?

#2 ·
lowering

Any bike can be lowered, a lot of people do it for drag racing reasons... Anyway, its in the suspension Probably lowering springs? im not an expert on it

What about a EX500? I fit un a ZZR600 perfectly. its sooooo comfy.

#3 ·
How short are you?? It's been awhile since I looked at the Triple clamps on the zzr600 but I think it's possible to slip the forks up in the triple which can buy 1/2 an inch reach to the ground without hurting the handling too much. A custom seat can get an easy 1 inch. 2 or more inches from the seat isn't too hard but may be at the expense of comfort. And finally you can get a custom shock to lower the back.

forks, free

seat, 200-300

shock, 700-1000

How is your reach to the ground on the zzr600 stock? Can you get toes on both sides, balls of the feet?? How much lower do you need to feel comfortable??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.