"04 ZX6R 636 Mods - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to jazzyfizzzle
"04 ZX6R 636 Mods

Just wondering if anyone else besides me has one and has done any mods to it? Almost done with the break-in and trying to get an idea of what others have done, difficulty involved, performance gains, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2004, 06:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to potoman29 Send a message via Yahoo to potoman29
i have the '01 but have scoped out the '04's quite a bit. i guess the first thing you could do is cut off that tractor mud flap in the back. all you need is a dremel with a cutting disc to make a clean cut. just take off your licence plate and follow the angles on the side and the line under the plate bracket. as far as gain for that.....it will make it look better. another would be to get a slip on can for it. it will make it sound a lot better and should boost performance a little. i personally like two brothers because of the sound. have heard many cans and i like mine the best. but you can look all over and find stuff like flush mounts and stuff like that. also get K&N air and oil filters. cost a little more but you get what you pay for. if i think of anything else ill let ya know.

also, hopefully you got your first oil change at around 500 miles or so. if not i would change it soon if you are almost done with your break in. IMO i would change it again after you have broken it in, just to make sure any little bits and pieces arent floating around. chances are they would get caught by the filter but its just my

keep'er sticky side down

Last edited by potoman29; 05-09-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode