zx7 fabrications .. ideas .. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

zx7 fabrications .. ideas ..

fabrication questions ....
i am working on a 1994 zx7. I want to pull the 750 out & drop in a zx9r. I have already posted a thread in the how to category, but, you guys in this thread konw kawi isnide & out. Does anyone know which model zx9 motors are going to fit my bike, and I also want a high rise exhaust, something thats going to sit high, close to the seat, but i would like to save my rear foot pegs. Should I used an exhaust for a zx9 & fabricate brackets for the canister, or get exhaust for a zx7 & fabricate what i need to make that work. I would imagine that it would make the most sense to use a zx9 exhaust, and fabricate the canister brackets. Any suggestions or info. Also where is a good place to order a high rise exhaust, they are kinda hard to find. thanks
steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 02:43 PM

All i know for sure is you need 94-97 motor
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 04:02 PM

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 03:44 AM

You need a 94-97 zx9 engine (good luck finding one) the 98-03 has a 10mm longer stroke making the engine to tall to fit your frame. When I did the engine swap on my 93 zx7 I used the same muzzy pipe I had on the 750 engine with absolutely no problems. I also used the same flatslides and cdi box. Later when I decided I wanted a high mount pipe I found it much cheaper to have a muffler shop fabricate a mid pipe to my specs. If you are seriously looking for a motor I just acquired another 94 zx9 engine in a trade yesterday that I haven't figured out what I am going to do with, yet. If you have anymore questions about the engine swap or you are interested in the engine send me an email [email protected]. I have loads of other zx parts too.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 08:36 PM

mods to zx7r

can any of these mods be done on the 92 zx7r or has anybody ever heard of it being done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode