Flush-Mount Marker lights. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2002, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Question Flush-Mount Marker lights.

I'm looking at getting a set of flush-mounts for the front fairing. Just finished cutting the rear fender and put a small set of LP staks on the back, It came out better than expected. Now on to the front signals. I've looked at LP, Targa, Graphicmtotdesign. What do you guys think is the best loking flushmounts for the new (00-02) 6r/9r?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 08:10 PM

i want to do the same thing, can you give me a clue on how to even remove the front blinkers?? Do you have to remove the front fairing?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 40 dollars front and rear

I put in a set of LP #5 flushmounts on front and it looks pretty good, they only cost me 15 bucks, so I may try better ones if I can find better ones. Front and rear of my bike look GREAT now if you ask me, for 20 dollars I eliminated the fender, and put on some CF mini-blinkers, and for another 15, the flushmounts will do till I see ones that will better fit the 6r.
I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE WITH A 00-02 6R TO TRY AND DO IT CHEAPER, LOOKS GREAT IF YOU ASK ME
Anyone can email me for pics and what I will call "my instructions".

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 11:33 AM

Re: LP V's

Quote:
Originally posted by rdandy5875
I put in a set of LP #5 flushmounts on front and it looks pretty good
i second that...

they seem to fit in the "groove" on the kawasakis pretty well, although you can still see little bit of "hole" if you really look.

as for taking the fronts off....mine popped out on a lowside ....

but i wouldn't recommend that as the most efficient way, totalbrody
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2002, 08:37 AM

i got lp stalks on the back and matching lp flushmounts on the front and it looks great. THey dont quite fit flush on the front (small space on bottom of mout where it meets fairing), but we put mine own using the metal spacer from the original lights so we didnt have to drill the fairings.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 02:26 PM

i have LP flushmount III's on the front of mine and they look pretty good. then i took a rotozip and took off the rear fender. i think it looks sweet. ill post some pics as soon as i get a chance.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:04 PM

Put led in my nephews ninja in the rear vents.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 04:41 PM

A couple of friends of mine donated me their LP short stalks and flush mount signals. I want to put them on, but the wiring doesn't match up. The ss's and flush mounts have plugs that don't match the one's one my zixxer. How did you guys do the wiring?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 11:15 AM

i would just snip the connectors, strip the wires and solder them together and then use shrink tubing to make them nice and neat. or you could just cut the plugs and then put wire connectors on yourself and shrinktube them. either way should work. keep us posted on how things turn out
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

blinker addition

I was a little dissapointed with the intensity of the LP mini-stalks, so I bought a trailer wiring kit from PepBoys (12.99), and wired the rear brake lights to light with the turn signal (corresponding sides, of course). Kind of like an integrator but I kept the turn signals on. For, um, you know, safety. I don't think a turn signal integrator and no stalks is very safe, considering how close the brake lights are. Pretty cool feature is that with the brake held inn, and either signal on, or hazard/brake the stalks and brake lights blink "intermitantly "(you spell it than), making for a cool light show. I would recommend it to anybody, even with the stock turn signals. Trailer wiring warness from pepboys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode