Best Sounding Slip-Ons for a ZX-6E? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Best Sounding Slip-Ons for a ZX-6E?

Come spring I'll most likely be putting some slip-ons on the ol ZX6... aside from Supertrapp/Kerker, I haven't had much luck finding specific applications for my bike.

I'm wanting a mellow tone at idle, but I wouldn't mind hearing those pipes scream when she's over 8k... any ideas?

I'd rather steer clear of a full exhaust, since I like how the bike looks with the dual cans and really don't want to go down the rejetting route.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2002, 10:45 AM

Talking

D&D shall do the work....it will definitely be screaming...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

D&D...

Sent them an email to see if they make the black satin slipons for my ZX6. No response yet They do list a full system for my bike, but I'm pretty certain its for the full system including can... not at all a bad price but I was wanting to stick to the dual can setup.

Any other ideas?

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 07:52 AM

Jammin_Johnny would be the source of info on this. Hopefully he'll get around to seeing this.

I'm pretty sure that Muzzy makes a set for the E bike, but I can't swear to that

Avoid the Vance & Hines full system. Sounds like a riceboy car
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNinja
We can't have that now can we! I swear ever since the Fast and the Furious every poser/wannabe threw a 10' tall wing, lowered their car, and put a Monza muffler on their 4-door Civic and jumped on the bandwagon

I hate that movie.

I've heard that about the V&H system, right now D&D is looking ok, but I'm afraid the odds of keeping my dual cans are slim to none. I think the ZX6E looks naked without that second cannister, but if I have no other choice I'll go with a full system and rejet

Anyone have any pics of a ZX6E with a 4-1 full system on it?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Northwind

Anyone have any pics of a ZX6E with a 4-1 full system on it?
Actually you'll drop considerable poundage by going to a 4-1 system. I figured mine out to be about 30 lbs
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RedNinja
It's also the worst fitting, most ill designed piece of shit I've even had the displeasure to install. Pure crap...........

Yosh used to make slip ons for the ZX6e (I had a set in carbon on my 94) dont seem to list it anymore, but you might try calling to see if you can sweet talk someone. (they sounded exactly like what you are looking for.)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:51 PM

Lightbulb

THE BEST WAY WOULD BE A 4-1 FULL SYSTEM.

The 2 mains reasons:

1) BIG weight reduction
2) More than 8hp gain (minimum)

There are 2 manufacturers that come straight to mind:

1) MUZZY
2) HINDLE

YOSHIMURA is an option w/ their "ZYCLONE" system. But it weights more than the others, has a mild steel header and does not put as many ponies out as the other 2. IF YOU ARE RACING THIS MACHINE OR LOOKING TO OPTIMIZE IT'S PERFORMANCE w/ THE EXHAUST COUPLED w/ A "JET KIT" (Facxtory......my recommendation) go the 2 afore mentioned. Tricky and semi costly mods have to be done to the YOSH to equal the others. I know..........Had to do this with the YOSH!

BTW............Thanks Will for the words!

Enjoy your "E"..........Remember it's your choice. But some opinions are through experience. Track that is!

Late!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com

P.S. If you are dead set on 2 slip-ons.............MUZZY (aluminum)!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 08:54 PM

Thumbs up

BTW.............Never make a choice solely on sound alone. It's money! GET THE BEST BANG FOR YOUR $$$!

Johnny
Team No Limit Racing &#169 1996-2002
http://www.teamnolimitracing.com
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:26 PM

On my '96 ZX6e I had a full Muzzy 4 - 1 and, according to the owner that put it on before me, is saved about 18 lbs. I had it dynoed just before I sold it and it was putting out about 87 peak Hp. Not bad for a bike with 24K miles.

In the Feb. or June '02 issue of Sport Rider they put on a full Micron 4 - 1 exhaust and it made less Hp than stock. And if I remember corretly the Micron guys said that the best peformance would be had by sticking with two cans. I cant find that particular issue so if someone has the Feb or June '02 issue of Sport Rider please check on that. I know it is not the April or Aug. I will keep looking for my issue.

Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode