Sportbike World banner

BMC vs. K&N AIR FILTERS

779 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  spongebob 
#1 ·
I HAVE A BMC AIRFILTER ON MY 00'ZX-6R AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A BMC. I WAS THINKING ABOUT BUYING A K&N TO SEE IF THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM BOTH. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE ABOUT THEM IS THAT I PAID $92 FOR THE BMC AND I COULD HAVE SPEND ABOUT $60 FOR K&N. ALSO MY NEXT QUESTION IS WHERE CAN I GET THE OIL AND CLEANER FOR THE BMC.

THANKS

P.S. SINCE I COULDN'T GET THE OIL CLEANER FOR THE BMC I USED THE K&N KIT FOR THE BMC .......WAS THAT OKAY?:confused:

#2 ·
i think the big differance between the two is k&n says youll feel the differance....the other makes no claim...bmc is used by race teams, k&n isnt...other than that, id stick with a stock filter...

youll be hearing from guys that will tell you the k&n made all the differance in the world.....its hot air...there bikes are lighter by the $60 that was in their wallets, so it just feels faster...

if you think you need the k&n, ask the dOOd selling it if you dont feel the differance if you can get your $ back........:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.