ZRX1200R...Is it... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Gimpdiggity Send a message via Yahoo to Gimpdiggity
Question ZRX1200R...Is it...

...a sportbike, or more of a cruiser??? I really can't tell by looking at it...I like the way it looks...is it a decent performing bike??

I'm not looking to buy one, I'm just curious about learning as much as I can about as many bikes as I can!!!!

Thanks...

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-It's a Hooligan Bike...Click the link to see pictures!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 10:23 PM

I'd say SPORT-tourer in about 65/35 ratio.

I've ridden a zx11 and it's got plenty of sport to it if you can learn to throw it around. Takes some faith but it'll do it. ZRX12=mildly updated zx11 if you didn't know.

Repeal helmet laws, they only protect people we most likely don't need in the gene pool any way!
post #3 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Gimpdiggity Send a message via Yahoo to Gimpdiggity
Thanks apex...that's what I was beginning to think as I read a little bit about it...

Basicly, it's a big bike that's got plenty of power, is decently maneuverable if you try hard enough, and is decently comfortable for daily riding. From what I can tell, it would be a good bike to have for a daily jog back and forth to work...

Thanks again!!!

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-It's a Hooligan Bike...Click the link to see pictures!!

post #4 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 05:35 PM

Question Mildley Updated!

Owned two ZX11's and they are excellent machines! I also owned a ZX1200 and the difference in POWER is awesome!!!

There is simply NO comparison between the two other then the fact that both are pigs and were not designed to handle in so much as deliver brute POWER.

The ZX1200 is quicker then most people can think and under any circumstance will run the ZX1100 into obsoleteness.
post #5 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 06:10 PM
This asshole has been banned from Sportbike World

Question robert

ZRX1200 wins first place for of UGLY. Big heavy Power Cruiser that the NERDS seem to LOVE! Any 600 machine will piss all over them in any gear and anywhere! The dealers can't sell them for jack shit. Shortage of NERDS!
post #6 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 06:19 PM
Resident Smartass

Unfortunately, there seems to be no shortage of squidiots...

Suck mean people!
post #7 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 06:57 PM
This asshole has been banned from Sportbike World

Cool robert

Sad fact of life and worse yet the lames have a web site. Poor pitiful ZXR freaks!
post #8 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 12:09 AM
Retired Moderator

I don't own a ZRX but I really like them.
It's appeal to many people has to do with it's Eddie Lawson Replica looks, but your name is Eddy and you think it's ugly
You re probably too young to have seen a real ELR on the road, but they were the bike to drool over once upon a time.
In fact I don't think many sportbikes can outrun the ZRX12 in a 5th gear rol on, actually probably only the ZX12, Busa, ZZR12 and that's it! It has monster torque and many people like that and don't care about runing to 12000 rpm to get the power of their engines.
The people you call NERDS, would probably call you SQUID for the same reasons
Maybe it's better to leave some posts uncommented if you re only
going to call other people bad names...
I really like the naked bikes, and the ZRX1200 is one of them. I like the looks, the raw power from low revs, and don't care to go over 140 mph. Does this make me a nerd??? I don't think so.

Of course as you can see in my profile, I own a ZR7 which is much slower than the ZRX, and it's the fastest of my 4 bikes
So I expect you'll start commenting on that now
BTW, I saw in your profile that your sportbike is the XZ.
The only XZ I know of was the 80s Yamaha XZ550 shaft drive failure....
You probably don't even have a bike, but if by any chance you do own an XZ, I can understand why you dislike the ZRX so much

Aris

Last edited by ariszr7; 06-06-2002 at 12:14 AM.
post #9 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Gimpdiggity
From what I can tell, it would be a good bike to have for a daily jog back and forth to work...
You gotta drive across Kansas to work? A ZRX-1200R is a bit of overkill just to drive back and forth to work, ain't it?
Actually, I saw one with the Givi setup, and it looked pretty good from the side, but they really screwed up AFA width. Dunno how you'd ever hang any decent looking luggage off it since Kawasaki flaired the rear end so much. I'm normally not one for color-matched bags (black is hard enough to keep from getting scratched up), but the pix I saw of the ZRX with the color-matched Givis looked pretty damn nice (champagne?), but only from the side!

Personally, I think Kawasaki missed the boat on this one. I'm not a big fan of the front end lights (they could have just stuck the 6R/9R lights up there), and with that wide rear end, adding luggage is gonna be tough.

Sport-tourer? Maybe. Anything else, I'm just not gettin' it (I also don't get the ZX-12)?

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by.
'Course, if there's a hot tub at the end of a long day in the saddle, who am I to complain?
Concours Owners Group
AMA Life Member
post #10 of 101 (permalink) Old 06-06-2002, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by basicblur

Sport-tourer? Maybe. Anything else, I'm just not gettin' it (I also don't get the ZX-12)?
Ride the ZX12, you'll understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode