wheelies again - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

wheelies again

What gear do you all do wheelies in?

I've been trying a little in 1st gear and all I can get is some Mad fishtails.
My rear tire doesnt have any tread left so maybe I should be trying it in 2nd gear?

I wish I had some throttle response but I dont.. I have MAD throttle lag!
Stupid non-computer controlled carbs! (I should work on the carb)

CLUTCHED:
I've also tried reving up the engine some and letting out the clutch (slow and fast) but both times when the clutch goes out my bike's rpms die down and the bike slows for a second then speeds up.

Thanks for any help and negative comments.

Okay, let the -bashing start!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Send a message via AIM to snakesht
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrollin View Post

What gear do you all do wheelies in?
Helmet, Jacket, Timax pants, gloves, Motorhead boots.

Actually, I only do wheelies when I hit a crest under hard acceleration.

Quote:
I've been trying a little in 1st gear and all I can get is some Mad fishtails.
My rear tire doesnt have any tread left so maybe I should be trying it in 2nd gear?

I wish I had some throttle response but I dont.. I have MAD throttle lag!
Stupid non-computer controlled carbs! (I should work on the carb)

CLUTCHED:
I've also tried reving up the engine some and letting out the clutch (slow and fast) but both times when the clutch goes out my bike's rpms die down and the bike slows for a second then speeds up.

Thanks for any help and negative comments.

Okay, let the -bashing start!
Glad to see you're making good use of your first bike. I look forward to my insurance premium increase soon.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
-Will Rogers
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:00 PM

what kind of bike r u ridin? My bike will do 1st gear wheelies off the throttle if I am carefull, but need clutch in 2nd. Just a slap of clutch in 1st and it comes up at any rpm!

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

2001 zx7r with 12k miles.
I'm always trying to be as safe as possible when riding anywhere.
When I'm trying to wheelie its on an empty Huge parking lot with nothing in the way anywhere near. I will admit that I need better gear cause I Know I will get MAJOR road rash if I fall and am at risk to possibly break something like a knee cap. I Definately dont want to add to a bad biker reputation or cause anyones insurance to go up. I always try to help our rep.

My friend told me he saw my front wheel come off the ground but I just didnt feel it and I dont believe it. Its taking ALOT for me to attempt a wheelie (I lean back)
What is wrong with my bike? I know its obeese at around 450 lbs plus my heavy ass of 195.

Whats wrong with my bike if I'm at say.... 6k rpms and let out the clutch (dropping the clutch or letting it out slow) it has a major hesitation. You'd think that the bike would throw me off but it laaagggssss.
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:26 PM

Bro, your bike is in no way obese, and neither are u! and dont feel bad about some harmless shananigans- wheelies r super fun and I dont do them in traffic or anything majorly stupid but every now and then if im in the right gear--------
I think your problem is a jettng issue- what pipe is on that bike?
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:32 PM

oh yea, I never ride with out full body armor- yes, even in summer. plus chicks dig it!
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

what pipe do I have? you mean the can? Its got a D&D muffler from Ft Worth, its loud and I love it.
If it is a jetting issue with the carbs then I want to get that corrected ASAP!
I've seen writeups on how to do jetting on kawasakiforums.com so I will attempt it myself if I can do the job. Also need to get the carbs synced and valves adjusted.

I've never worked on carbs before.

With scootin around town and the occasional 80% throttle every few days I'm getting 12mpg!!! I'm Hardly Ever getting on it.
Thanks for the guess at diagnosing my problem over the net!!
Cant wait to correct the problems and give the bike the TLC it needs!
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:36 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
from the sound of your posts, your fairly new to riding. maby you should get more seat time and mileage under your belt before squidding it up on streets doing wheelies. Im not busting your balls or anything, just dont want you to become a statistic, or end up in the hospital or jail for doing stupid shit.

and depending on your bike (1000, 600, 750, ect), will all be different for pulling wheelies. 1000's can do power wheelies 1st 2nd and maby 3rd gears. most lower cc bikes need to be clutched up.

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonRR View Post
maby you should get more seat time and mileage under your belt before squidding it up on streets doing wheelies.
Quote:
When I'm trying to wheelie its on an empty Huge parking lot with nothing in the way anywhere near.
I'm not squiding on the streets

and I cant do clutch wheelies even though I have a 750. My bike is brokeded
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 03:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonRR
Quote:
I'm not squiding on the streets

and I cant do clutch wheelies even though I have a 750. My bike is brokeded
wtf is "brokeded"? lol sorry man.

and you cant clutch it up? clutch wheelies should be easy for 750's and 600's. i really think (from all your posts and threads) that you should indeed take the msf course, and get alot of seat time under your belt before learing how to do stunts. this way, you become even more familiar with your bike and what does what. sounds like your trying to do things that are above your skill level or knowledge. again, im not bustin your balls, just looking out fo ya man. and if i were you, i wouldnt even get back on my bike with out FULL gear (race/riding boots, riding pants, riding jacket or siut (1pc or 2pc), gauntlet gloves and a dot/snell approved lid).

Redline Superbike Member

2004 Honda CBR 1000rr WSBK TenKate Hann Spree race replica

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode