Gettin it....but something is not comming!!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Gettin it....but something is not comming!!!

Alright...little update.

So a few times a day i've been going out to this spot i found...and practicing....my wheelies!

I just got back, and i improved a little bit...but I'm still taking it kinda slow, i don't have a cage and don't wanna totally ruin my F4i.

I've been clutching them up in first....at around a 15mph roll. I'm still doing this to just get consistent at bringing them up. But when i do slip the clutch at a decent RPM, when my front end comes up (which it is supposed to....and does) It really starts to feel weightless. Sometimes my front end comes up...but not as high...and i'm still on the throttle and can ride it out for a little bit....but when it comes up to that point where that feeling comes in, i just chop the throttle! I know it's instinct, but it starts to get weightless in the font. if i keep on the throttle like that, ummm ya (im in 1st gear)

What im asking is when i get to that point, what? i'm probably not close to bp because everyone thinks they are but there really arn't, but if i stay on the throttle kinda hard like that....im pretty sure of a loop....mabye? i dont think thats gunna be good for my...or my bike! but then again im newer to this and I'm probably high...but not all the way up there.

What do i do? hold the throttle steady when it gets this high (don't increase or decrease), then use the rear brake and throttle together to "fine tune" it....or what

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 05:47 PM

Keep on the throttle, it is actually pretty hard to loop a stock 600, it can be done but it isnt that likely unless you are releasing the clutch at like 12k. Adjust your posture in the seat also, dont lean forward, try to keep your body straigt and relaxed. When it gets weightless keep turning the throttle and cover the brake. If you go too far hit the brake, until then keep on the throttle. Once your forks are at eye level, you have probably hit bp.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

ok....thanks for the input and help....when it starts to get up there i will stay on the throttle more until i feel like i need to hit the rear brake.

I'm not going to do much more stunting until i get my crash cage put on there. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want something that will protect but not like to bulky. i've been looking into sick innovations cages......and Freestyle Ingenuity.....i have an '04 F4i.....are these cages going to bolt right on without me having to do much?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode