Startin wheelies..but ONLY slow?!?!? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Startin wheelies..but ONLY slow?!?!?

so a few weeks ago i posted about the way to wheelie or whatever...ya

but my problem is....you guys have said to start with power wheelies to BEGIN....well i couldnt even do that so all i have started with and done is clutch ups...you guys said to try it in 2nd to START.....well i couldnt get that either...so i've been doing them in 1st..... you guys said that faster wheelies are easier and better for the starter....well i cant do that and have only been clutchin up sort of slow so the front wheel actual comes up....

WHAT THE HELL IS UP WITH THAT!!! haha

whats going on?

and to give you all an update....i've been clutchin and getting it up in first....and still being kind of hard on the gas...and i can ride 'em for a 5 or 10 feet or so... all my friends are saying im getting only like 2 ft off the ground...which is probably true...so im gunna try doin it and getting higher and higher each time...

but how can i keep riding it out....and its only in first gear.... easier to flip/mess up...ya i know..but thats the way im learning!!

Any help?

~Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 AM

Jeez 44, a whole 3 months of newbie experience on your bright, shiny F4i and your concerned with working on your wheelie technique? You're really cruisin' for a bruisin'!

Man, be careful out there. I mean that sincerely.
post #3 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

its not as bad as you think....im just experimenting a little! since there are not tiwisties around here..i gotta get some sort of adrenalin rush....other than going 140-160 mph everywhere

post #4 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaRider44
...other than going 140-160 mph everywhere...
Listen up, Honda owners; itty-bitty pieces of F4i coming up for sale soon!

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #5 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

ur killing me here....i thought we all discussed this already....its not that hard to twist your wrist and go really really really fast in a straight line!!! I literally just got home from riding on the interstate here in Wisconsin.....i was at like 130-150mph at times...just cruzin...its a straight line!!!!

Therefore.....sorry Honda owners....no bike parts....are going to be up for sale by me....your gunna have to buy 'em brand new!! sry

Back to what i was saying.....what should i do about this wheelie thing?!?!? c'mon stunters i thought you could give me some help?? if i even need it? ha

~Mike
post #6 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaRider44
ur killing me here....i thought we all discussed this already....its not that hard to twist your wrist and go really really really fast in a straight line!!! I literally just got home from riding on the interstate here in Wisconsin.....i was at like 130-150mph at times...just cruzin...its a straight line!!!!...
Sorry, I forgot; you've been riding for 3 whole months without incident. My apologies. You're a seasoned rider who knows exactly what he's doing and how to react in emergency situations when travelling at such speeds.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #7 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

GRRRRR

Oh i have had many instances of cars pulling out in the left lane to pass slower cars and such when i am going those speeds coming up behind them....i dont freak out and BREAK...or check my lane and get into a different lane....!!

I cant help that i just know what to do!

Well, im going to go now....mabye hit 160 mph....stand up on my tank and do a christ....than to the highest stoppie i can and the next light....

and i would like to point out with me learning and everything that i do....no crashes, lay downs, or accidents yet.....

No squid for me!!!!

~Mike
post #8 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 08:19 AM

Sorry to break it to you buddy but you are without a doubt the absolute definition of a

Seriously though, be careful out there, no need to be the reason someones son,daughter,husband or wife didn't come home. All because some f'ing sportbike rider sliced through their car going 160 on the interstate....

Oh and simple physics, if a car decides to pull out 20 feet in front of you while you're doing 160mph, how many feet will it take you to stop? With a PROFESSIONAL rider on that bike you're looking at just over 105ft from 60 - 0 ....how many more for 160mph with a newb I wonder.... ?

God no wonder people hate us...
post #9 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 09:52 AM

one wheel

do a power wheelie first dude
what you are doing wrong - I bet

1. you are leaning forwad
2. not opening the throttle all the way
3. being a puss

First step get some protection - cage

NEXT open the throttle to full quarter throttle

================================
I had this issue too

like I felt I was twisting all the way, but then I angled my wrist so I can twist it full throttle.

AND BOOM - - - the front is moving

Remember - - - think ''rear brake, rear brake, rear brake"

- - RIDE SAFE, RIDE STRONG - -
post #10 of 109 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

OMG you guys....i totally forgot

i got a sportbike to go slow and reserved....what am i doing!!!

These kinds of bikes were not made for this kind of thing!!

UhHhHhH im a total squid....more like 4 moths now though.....and i garuntee i have racked up more miles than all of you this season.....

im not a squid anymore....just a newer rider.... i know its not much time, but its already been a season now....and the time doesnt matter it mileage.....not to mention i have a loooot!

AND, its just a simple wheelie....not gunna hurt anyone....but me....and i havn't yet....which means im taking it slow....thank you very much!

~Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode