one wheeeeeel - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

one wheeeeeel

ok someone help.... i've been riding for somewhat of a long time now...i have a 2004 600 F4i and i cant even get a power wheelie up....wut the f*ck...when im in 1st...i snap the throttle open, and my front tire just feels light (thats it) it doesnt really even leave the ground! then i started to clutch it up in 1st a little and it comes up mabye 3-4 inces. and thats it! omg im gettting irritated...im taking it slow and not doing anything stupid but theres gotta be a better technique...? i dont really feel myslef pulling up on the bars? but when i concously try too, it doesnt really have an effect? it just feels like im pulling up on a 500 pound peace of metal....any tips and advice? should i be leaning far back on the seat? do i even need to pull up on the bars and just let the bikes power do it all?
thanks!
~Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM

Re: one wheeeeeel

Not a stunter at all, but logic tells me that pulling on the bars of a 500lb piece of metal ain't gonna do sh*t.

When you're clutching it up, what rev's are you hitting? I've read on here than anywhere between 6-12k should do it.

Practice and patience, mate.

Oh, and don't forget to cover the rear brake.

In God, we trust; all others must provide data.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

i think i get it up to like 9....ish? do i need to give it more? when i slip the clutch...i'm in first, and when i "slip" it (let it out smooth but quick) do you then give it a lot of gas still? am i supposed to be leaning back when i try and do it? i dont want to give it to much gas and loop it after i slip it, but am i always supposed to be on the throttle pretty hard?

And....

should i get my rpms up to more around 12? that seems a little high doesnt it

Thanks!
~Mike

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM

Re: one wheeeeeel

Quote:
Originally posted by HondaRider44
ok someone help....
Have you checked this out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncPBZ9DRRk

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 12:50 PM

Sorry, mate, can't help you any further except to say that should do a search of the forum. I'm sure you're not the first to encounter problems with learning to wheelie.

Good luck.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 PM

your bike is wanted by stunters everywhere, that bike is perfect.

In first gear...cruise about 30-35 mph, pull that clutch in, rev it a bit more (just do little increments until you get to the point you need) and slip it back out. It sounds like you know how to clutch it up, but the trick is having enough revs. MAKE SURE YOU'RE ON THE THROTTLE AFTER YOU CLUTCH IT UP; and apply as neccesary to keep it up.

I can be going 55 mph in first, and clutch it up to balance point so your starting speed isnt really critical, but slower speeds are easier (not below 25 when you're starting out with wheelies tho)

all it takes is practice.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 07:03 PM

Exclamation be careful

I have a 2000 R6, the 2nd gear is just about gone. in 1st the bike is real jerky when your clutch is slipped. I just gotta do it still.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 07:40 PM

I have a 2006 R6, I usually pull the clutch in around 8k, grab a hand full of throttle, let off the clutch quickly and it pops right up. The trick is in the timing. Pull the clutch in and grab the throttle at the same time, and dont let off of the throttle. Make sure you are covering your rear brake too just in case, although on most 600's they are a little bit hard to flip.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 06Raven
...most 600's they are a little bit hard to flip.
Famous last words...

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 06Raven
.......although on most 600's they are a little bit hard to flip.
hahaha

and man, you're starting around 8k then popping it up? Start much lower in the RPM range and pop it up; easier to go farther and/or get balace point. my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode