wheelie on 06 CBR 1000 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

wheelie on 06 CBR 1000

Im having a hard time keeping my front end up when i start to ride a wheelie. I find the balance point then as soon as I stand up the front comes back down. Is anyone else having this problem? With there 06 CBR 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:34 AM

I'm no wheelie expert by any means. However I would have to assume that you haven't found the balance point if it comes back down.

I also have an 06 1KRR and I don't think I've found the balance point yet, it feels like I've had it wayyyy up there but I obviously haven't found the balance point because if I had then I would be able to maintain a constant speed and keep the tire in the air.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 10:15 AM
jab

If youre bringing up the wheel and then standing up, youre pushing weight around and not compensating via throttle/brake/wieght dist, to maintain the wheelie. I doubt you have it at bp, thats just a guess though. What does having it at bp mean to you. One note if youre just learning and not there yet, BP isnt a magic spot that you get to and all is well and wheelies are easy, Its a lot of focus, muscle memory, training to go against your natural instinct, and then throttle/brake/weight distribution all at the same time. The result is the bike being balanced and sustained on one wheel at a semi constant rate of speed. The key here is balance, the more you have to input throttle/brake/weight, the less balanced you are. If all is Perfect, you can coast at idle with no additional input, but everything effects this balance, be it movement by you, incline/decline of road surface, etc. Not trying to turn this into a science project, just want you to understand the importance of input and how it effects what youre trying to achieve. I can put that all into one word as well....PRACTICE.. If you keep at it youll get it, good luck and please ask any questions you have, the right answer can save you hours of practice time trying to figure out what you actually need to do.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 03:18 PM

the bp on the cbrs are extremly high.. about 1130 to 1145. thats where my buddy rides his on his cbr.. good luck.. if ur lookin for bikes to wheelie that one isnt the best to do it on..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jab
If youre bringing up the wheel and then standing up, youre pushing weight around and not compensating via throttle/brake/wieght dist, to maintain the wheelie. I doubt you have it at bp, thats just a guess though. What does having it at bp mean to you. One note if youre just learning and not there yet, BP isnt a magic spot that you get to and all is well and wheelies are easy, Its a lot of focus, muscle memory, training to go against your natural instinct, and then throttle/brake/weight distribution all at the same time. The result is the bike being balanced and sustained on one wheel at a semi constant rate of speed. The key here is balance, the more you have to input throttle/brake/weight, the less balanced you are. If all is Perfect, you can coast at idle with no additional input, but everything effects this balance, be it movement by you, incline/decline of road surface, etc. Not trying to turn this into a science project, just want you to understand the importance of input and how it effects what youre trying to achieve. I can put that all into one word as well....PRACTICE.. If you keep at it youll get it, good luck and please ask any questions you have, the right answer can save you hours of practice time trying to figure out what you actually need to do.
Yea I see what you mean well I'll keep trying and see. Thank You
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-05-2007, 04:24 PM

its all in teh practice man

i have a 1000rr for a while and they are a tad touchy too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode