lowered bike while stuniting - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

lowered bike while stuniting

on a bike that is 2.5 inches lower, is it alot harder to do wheelies?
what kind of stunts will be harder with a lowered bike in general?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 06:01 AM

all of them. With a lower center of gravity the bike will be less likely to do wheelies, stoppies which are the basics of just about any stunt out there (with the exception of the climbing on the bike while its going, or skying beside it, both of which will remain unaffected)

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 08:40 AM

Vash did you ever learn to skitch like I explained?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 08:50 AM

nope, but I burned a perfectly good pair of racing boots...

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 09:59 AM
jab

haha, first time I tried skitching I had to slow the bike and run/walk it to a stop, couldnt get back on, haha. Funny stuff. Yeah lowered bikes are good for one thing, going in a straight line on two wheels, okay one wheel if you count pow pow power wheellies . If dragging aint youre thing, put that thing back to stock. I dint notice what bike you have but if it aint a busa or a 14, it aint got no business being dropped anyway . Just playing man, whats your experience and what kind of riding do you do/plan on doing?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

well i had a 04 r6, but i didint do any stunting anyway, but i am looking at getting an 07 gsxr 600 and the one i am looking at as been lowered 2 inches. it feels great, i love the stance, but i am thinking of getting into some stunts from here and there, and i didnt know how much harder it would be to learn, for basic wheelies and stuff, nothing major.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-18-2006, 11:41 AM
jab

Thats will be a great bike!! My advice is to put it at stock height, not only will stunts be easier, even minor once in a while stuff, but the bike will handle better in the twisties too. IMHO that is one of the best track bikes out, why someone would drop it is beyond me. Its really a looks/trend thing on a otherwise stock 600, and to me its just not worth the performance loss. I say get the bike if the deal is right, put it at stock height, and have fun riding a killer machine. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode