Help with a new bike - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Help with a new bike

I am looking for a bike to practice stunting on while keeping it street legal. I have a good job and drive a POS car so I do have some coin to spend. I am not rich but I am a big guy at 240 6'2" so I really want some real power. I have painted a few sportbikes that my buddies have dumped so I look forward to repainting another several times over and over The last sport bike I had was a 94' zx-7R that was a turd for power, I will never again own a bike that you have to clutch to wheelie. that was years ago, and I have been riding MX since so I have continued to practice wheelies in between jumping. so I am really wanting a liter bike, any ideas? Also were can I find crash bars and sliders and a 12 bar on the net?

TIA, Zach
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 07:34 PM

You don't need or want a litre for stunting, you also don't need a litre for a no clutch wheelie. Litres are to figity at low stunting rpms from what I hear. Get a wrecked 600rr of some sort, after 02, and you should be good to go. Put on a roll cage and some fur (paint would be a waste, unless you go with truckbed liner).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 07:51 PM

Most the pro stunters use 600s.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

OK I see what you mean I just went to MC news.com for HP and 1/4 mile ie.. performance results and I was floored at the 600's clicking off mid 10's in the 1340 and hittting 110 rwhp those stunters on the TV show Superbikes on the speed channel are almost all stunting on liter bikes, I would assume a RC 51 to be a stunters dream, but I guess not.

I will look into the 600's even though my buddy at work with his 06' R1 is going to want to race after work everyday since he knows he can eat a six for lunch. Sure is tempting to get a wrecked 04' ZXT10-D so I could compete with him. If you guys are thinking I would kill myself on a liter I have wheelied his R1 and my other buddies 02 ZX-9R many times. I Had a 89' 600 Ninja in Highschool in 92' I NEVER EVER, EVER thought I would get one again. But I want to practice stunting so I will check out the 600's if that is what you all say. Sure will be allot cheaper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode