New guy. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

New guy.

Hey whats up everyone I have been creeping around awhile so I thought I would finally post something. The forum seems great lots of helpful people and not much flaming. I started riding at 15.I also ride quads and bikes. Never really got into the stunting stuff, but got so cash so I thought I would throw my hat into the ring. Right now I'm looking at a 95cbr 900 the extras are 905 racing crash cage, 12 o'clock bar, street fighter bars, dented tank, street fighter head light, custom paint job, polished frame and swing arm. It has a new water pump and a new clutch basket, springs, steel and fiber plates. Sounds like a great bike for 2k Iíll try and get some pics up soon. Thoughts about anything I should look out for? I know itís a big bike but I'm not really a small guy 5'11 240 I lift constantly so the weight just keeps creeping up so I want something I feel stable on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Any help guys?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-02-2006, 03:37 PM
jab

The only thing id worry about is that it is all set up, so its been stunted, that means its seen lots of crashes. i would check the frame, subframe for cracks, etc. other than that as long as the engine looks/feels good you should be all set. Good luck man. I wouldnt worry about the weight, 9hundos are stunt machines. If you can get a newer f4i for the same price go for it, otherwise get the 9 and enjoy.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2006, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

what about

That deal didn't happen pissed but hey what can ya do. Everyone recomends f4i what about newer zx6r?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:09 AM
jab

zx6r are nice, good stunters, just pricey. If you can afford it zx or 600rr, go for it. just understand that the fear of dropping the bike will hold your progression up way more than whatever the difference in the bike you get. Get something you dont mind crashing if you want to learn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode