Question about wheelies - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Question about wheelies

Ok heres the deal. I ride a 2001 CBR 600 F4i. Ive been riding for 4 years on this bike and feel comfterble on it. I consider myself an average rider. Ive done power wheelies now and then but havent really practiced until now. Heres the question.... On my 600 I can get power wheeles up but cant hold them long at all. When using the clutch in 2nd gear again, I get it up but cant seem to hold it. Ive been looking in to new bikes for a while now but Im wondering. Do you guys think I need to get this down good on my 600 before moving up to say 1000. Obviously its going to be easier to get it up on a 1000. I guess what Im really asking is do you think its a good idea to move up in power without really having it down on my old bike, or will I only get myself in trouble??
thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:02 PM

Dont think it will make a lick of difference. Wheelies have little to do with power, so long as there is enough of it there (which you got).
I'd practice clutching some more, and switch to first gear. the trick is to lift the front wheel pretty damn close to balance point on the first "lunge", with the clutch. The higher you get the front wheel, the easier it is to hold it, or get it higher (or to loop it). Your 600 will get the job done, and a 1000 will as well. The only consideration against buying a 1000 is the added expance should you mess up. better to practice on a cheaper bike.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 04:03 PM

Re: Question about wheelies

Quote:
Originally posted by Bige410
Ok heres the deal. I ride a 2001 CBR 600 F4i. Ive been riding for 4 years on this bike and feel comfterble on it. I consider myself an average rider. Ive done power wheelies now and then but havent really practiced until now. Heres the question.... On my 600 I can get power wheeles up but cant hold them long at all. When using the clutch in 2nd gear again, I get it up but cant seem to hold it. Ive been looking in to new bikes for a while now but Im wondering. Do you guys think I need to get this down good on my 600 before moving up to say 1000. Obviously its going to be easier to get it up on a 1000. I guess what Im really asking is do you think its a good idea to move up in power without really having it down on my old bike, or will I only get myself in trouble??
thanks in advance
All respect of course..........
If you've been riding for 4 years on a F4i and can't ride a wheelie of any sort, you are not a rider that should be riding a 1000. Get a 50, learn to ride a whoolie on it, then keep riding it, take your Honda off the road for good, and sell you F4i to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode