Cages and Sliders... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 02:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Cages and Sliders...

What is the difference in level of protection between cages and frame sliders. I am starting to get into stunting... well still just learning to wheelie and want to protect my bike.

Is there anything that actually protects plastics? I am all too familiar with the smell of the plastic welder and that only works if you have most of the pieces.

As far as cages I want quality but am only looking to spend $200-300. Do you need sliders if you have a cage? Will they make a cage that will fit a bike as old as mine ('93)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 03:27 PM

Not that I have done any stunting, but I have heard that the http://www.freestyleingenuity.com/si...id=8&Itemid=19 is one of the best. It has a loop that goes around the bike for when you are stunting, but can be easily removed and leaves just the sliders if you want to go hit some twisties. Personally, if I were going to stunt (which I think I might start doing soon) I would go with a cage. Sliders probably wont cut it in a crash. I had a slider on my bike when I went down, it bent in half and the fairing still managed to get road rashed, however had the slider not been there it might have been destroyed completely.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 03:48 PM

personally I don't like the design of the Freestyle crash cages. Doesn't seem that protective. If you want some good beefy crash cage for dedicated stunting you should check out Powers Stuntworx crash cages.

http://powersstuntworx.com/index_2.html

I have two friends who have it on an 03 gixxer600 and an 00 r6, both work fantastic. Very very strong. My friend with the gixxer wrecked his bike going 100+mph off the road, crash cage saved the whole damn bike, only broke his windscreen. The r6, my friend looped it going 65mph, wrecked the bike, but the cage saved the engine and the frame (thats it).

The only downside with crash cages is that they don't offer good leaning abilities, but they are pretty straight forward to take off. The Stuntworx cage also has a spool end that are kinda like sliders for the cage, but are replaceable when you wear them down.

Most cages are about 300 bucks no matter what brand you choose so it's really up to what you like in design and what you think is good for protection. But honestly, you can't find a better a better cage.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-07-2006, 04:16 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to xboxdynasty
Quote:
Originally posted by JBaz
personally I don't like the design of the Freestyle crash cages. Doesn't seem that protective. If you want some good beefy crash cage for dedicated stunting you should check out Powers Stuntworx crash cages.

http://powersstuntworx.com/index_2.html

I have two friends who have it on an 03 gixxer600 and an 00 r6, both work fantastic. Very very strong. My friend with the gixxer wrecked his bike going 100+mph off the road, crash cage saved the whole damn bike, only broke his windscreen. The r6, my friend looped it going 65mph, wrecked the bike, but the cage saved the engine and the frame (thats it).

The only downside with crash cages is that they don't offer good leaning abilities, but they are pretty straight forward to take off. The Stuntworx cage also has a spool end that are kinda like sliders for the cage, but are replaceable when you wear them down.

Most cages are about 300 bucks no matter what brand you choose so it's really up to what you like in design and what you think is good for protection. But honestly, you can't find a better a better cage.
Damn 100+ and just a windscreen. Seems like protecting the plactics is just hit and miss. Thanks for the advice. Seems to be really sound.

Only problem is they dont make one for my bike. Emailing them to see whats up.

Last edited by xboxdynasty; 07-07-2006 at 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode