Stunt Bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Stunt Bike?

Im looking to get a beater for a stunt bike. I found an 88 CBR 600 I was wondering if the performance would be good enough to practice on. any input appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 01:56 AM

You can stunt anything, but you'd prolly be very limited. The old cbr 600 F's weren't as popular as F2 and F3's so finding parts for them, stock or aftermarket, will be a little more difficult. You'd also be limted as the front tire is 110 and the rear only a 130. The engine only makes about 85hp from the crank so maybe 60 to the rear wheel, which isn't bad for an 88, but don't think you can go do a 2nd or 3rd gear stand up going 100+.

You could always increase the rear sprocket, but my advice is, unless your getting that bike for next to nothing, its really not worth the money to turn it into a stunt bike. You'd be better off finding a cheap F2,F3 or F4. Atleast you can find a pre-made crash cages for them and an abundant supply of cheap parts when you lay it down.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 02:09 AM Thread Starter

Thanks

thanks for the input. the bike is $800 but given what you said I think Ill keep lookin

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-22-2006, 06:35 AM

a stunt bike doesn't need to do 2nd and 3rd gear wheelies. Look at the stunt bikes today they are are runnin 55+ rear sprockets and the in thing in stunting is doing slow stuff.... circles, highchairs, no hands etc. This bike will work fine. go up 10-12 t on the rear, put a 12 bar and cage on it and go.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-23-2006, 02:03 AM

^its hard to find pre-made 12 bar, crash cages for an F. The stock rear sprocket is about a 36 or 38 tooth, but I'm not sure if you can upgrade it. Might have to look around. See if vortex makes sprockets for an F.

If that 600F has been laid down, then I'd prolly talk to see if you can get a lower price. I've seen F2's and F3's in wrecked condition, but working for less than a grand. If you want a throw back stunter, look around for a wrecked bike that's in working condition. You don't need to care about the plastics as those aren't needed on a stunter.

Even newer wrecked bikes can be had for a couple grand. I got my RR for 2k and a friend of mine is picking up an 02 gixxer 600 for 2 grand with all the parts to get it to work too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode