Finally gave into the stunt sprocket setup!! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Finally gave into the stunt sprocket setup!!

Well as some of you may know I purchased some stunt sprockets a couple weeks back and decided not to use them and just leave my gsxr 750 as a street rider. I was watching some of my friends the other day in a lot and couldn't help myself install the sprockets and a new length of chain. My bike is now geared -1 on the front sprocket and +9 on the rear. If I like the change and don't miss doing 100 MPH on the highway then I will most likely get a cage and bar for the bike. I am just going to miss going upstate to the twisties. I figure if I want I can allways just switch back to the stock gearing. I didnt get to wheelie the bike yet because it started to rain. I gave the bike a quick testdrive around the block and the gearing seems that it would be ideal for around the town riding. After work tomorrow I will take out the bike and see what the difference is. The front wheel came up without a challenge on the stock gearing, so I can't wait to see how this is. Believe it or not I installed the stunt setup to save me from getting seriously injured. I found that with my stock gearing I would be pulling 2nd gear 1/4 mile long stand ups at 75 MPH. Now with the new sprockets I should be able to slow it down some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 01:52 PM

kool, tell me how that feels compared to stock gearing. I also have +9 gearing but never got to play with it. Only messed wtih stock.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-10-2006, 05:03 PM Thread Starter

This weekend doesn't look to good for me to practice. Too windy where I am. I don't want to wreck my bike because of some wind. I have never really screwed around with slow lot wheelies before. I am guessing its gonna take some practice to get the bike to snap up to BP and catch it with the rear brake.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-02-2007, 08:05 PM

any up dates on the gearing?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2007, 07:27 AM

I went from stock to -1, +2, and loved it. Lots more torque and still run 150 on freeway. I just ordered a +11 and cage.
Clutch it up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode