wheelies on 2006 R6 ? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

wheelies on 2006 R6 ?

anybody dare try to pop up on a 2006 Yamaha R6 ? i havent had the cahones to try it yet. kinda nerve-rackin to pop up at 12K rpm... haha too bad thats where the power is... if any of you guys have done this successfully, please share. hahaha thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 10:01 AM

I know a guy who does 2nd gear stand ups on his 2006 r1 that he just got. Those are freaking awesome machines. I'd stay just trottle it around 7-8k a bit and see if you can get it up. just be warry when you hit the max power spot cause you can flip very easily. Thats what happened to my friend and his r6 a few months back.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 AM
jab

thats a beautiful bike man, dont wreck it. You dont need to be in the power to wheelie it though, you can clutch it up in first at a few grand. Get a beater or take it slow. good luck.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 06:55 AM

try clutching it up in 2nd... get the r's at about 8.5K and then clutch it up. That should give you enough room to ride it out a few hundred yards. I know this technique works well on the 05 r6.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 04:41 PM

I have the 06 R6, wheelies are really easy on it. I wouldnt try power wheelies though, you dont get to ride them as easily when learning. Clutch it up from 6grand in first gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode